No announcement yet.

****ing Religious ****ing ****ers!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think crazy christian guy should be able to burn all the korans he wants. And I think the crazy muslims should be able to burn all the bibles they want. But when either one starts killing people they've crossed the line and should be dealt with accordingly.
    "

Comment

Couldn't you have put a few more effin @$@@$'s in the thread title?
      Just asking.

Comment

Originally posted by EPW View Post
        I think crazy christian guy should be able to burn all the korans he wants. And I think the crazy muslims should be able to burn all the bibles they want. But when either one starts killing people they've crossed the line and should be dealt with accordingly.
        Formerly known as "CyberShy"
        Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Originally posted by Docfeelgood View Post
          But he knew the wankers would kill
          So he's able to see the future? Maybe we should join up, he's a prophet.
          We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
          If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
          Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

While I think Jones and his buddies/congregation are wackjobs, I'd rather see fundies burning books and holding mock trials then forming mobs and killing people. In the end, it's all just religious crazyness.

And while Mobius is just trolling relgious people again, he does have a point here.
            This wasn't a case of more deaths inspired by some power play disguised as religion... this is just pure fundie crap that led to more death and suffering. It's hard to see the good things about religion when crap like this happens.
            Keep on Civin'
            RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

So if you ever take a sip of bad milk, flat soda, or eat a stale chip it means that all milk, soda and chips are bad? That's pretty stupid.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither View Post
                Somehow I am imagining a different discussion when there is a violent reaction to someone burning a flag.
                I don't think there ever will be. At worst, maybe a fistfight. No mass riots in the cities.
                If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Originally posted by Wezil View Post
                  I think this issue speaks more to the futility of the Afghan mission than it does to the merits (or lack thereof) of religion.

They go bat**** insane when someone on the other side of the planet exercises free speech and then blame the western governments for not arresting and punishing the guy. Afghans really haven't a clue what personal freedom is and obviously want no part of it.

Yet we stay. :insane:
                  Wezil's figured it out.

If we're going to remain in afghanistan, we should be there to try to **** up the Taliban. But the Taliban are in Pakistan. So we need to end this nation-building nonsense and bomb the ****ing **** out of Waziristan to try to do as much damage to the terrorists before political issues force us to pull out. War ends, and we don't spend billions to promote drug crime and corruption in a tribal, savage society.
                  If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                  ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Originally posted by Riesstiu IV View Post
                    How is spreading lie after lie and sexually repressing women who would normally be sluts, good for humanity?
                    Plomp wasn't including repression of women as one of the good things that came out of religion. Duh.
                    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Religion in se is not the problem. That individual choice (for idiocy - my opinion) lies well within the boundaries of personal freedom.

Organized religion on the other hand is by definition an infraction on personal freedom ( you have to follow a set of dogmatic beliefs) and humanism and should therefore be removed from this world like the cancer it is in our society.

And Plompie, the only positive thing organized religion has ever produced is art. The -hypothetical- question is whether this art couldn't have been made without religeous benefactors.
                      "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

I would say that convincing people that all humans were equal was a good thing Religion did.

Not so long ago, a lot of atheistic scientists believed otherwise, influenced by darwinism. And that only ended because of world war 2. Before that war, anthropologists traveled aroudn the world measuring the body parts of non whites with calipers, people talked openly of more and less evolved races, and eugenics were quite acceptable.
                        I need a foot massage

Comment

Originally posted by Barnabas View Post
                          I would say that convincing people that all humans were equal was a good thing Religion did.

Not so long ago, a lot of atheistic scientists believed otherwise, influenced by darwinism. And that only ended because of world war 2. Before that war, anthropologists traveled aroudn the world measuring the body parts of non whites with calipers, people talked openly of more and less evolved races, and eugenics were quite acceptable.
                          I would point out that a large amount of colonial butchery was carried out in the name of 'spreading the word of God'.
                          “Quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur”
                          - Anon

Comment

Much good has been, at least, funded by religion. The explosion of science and learning that was the renaissance would never have happened without the church. You cannot either ignore that a wealth of medical and scientific learning was preserved through the Dark Ages by the Arabs. Much that was beautiful and very, relatively, advanced about Islam has been either destroyed or perverted by the mad bigots that have flourished in recent years.

I suggest that you look at social and political systems in place as well as the religious situation for a rationale to these awful acts. Poverty, repression and deprivation lead people to turn to 'ISMS' of all kinds, secular as well as religious, as a means giving themselves hope.

I am an atheist and have nothing but contempt for the murderers who proclaim themselves to be acting out the 'will of God' but are they really any different from the thugs who join the BNP(British National Party) and go out beating up anyone of a creed or colour held to be 'un-British'? Religious Fundamentalism is nothing but Fascism with God added.

To condemn all the sincere and peaceful people who believe their own vision of God simply plays into the hands of the bigots. If we react by persecuting Muslims as a result of such crimes we do ourselves no credit.
                            “Quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur”
                            - Anon

Comment

Originally posted by SpencerH View Post
                              So he's able to see the future? Maybe we should join up, he's a prophet.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnabas View Post

As long as you believed/believe in the same mythical entity... otherwise it is/was ok to kill the bastard.
                                "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

Working...
                                X