Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did you ever take a person less seriously because of their accent?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MRT144 View Post
    I've been to Philly and it boggles my mind that this is what anyone from Philly would want to show.
    Fine here. Here's something from the Tourism Bureau:

"Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• That video makes Philly seem like at least an interesting place to visit for specific events. Fights and people yelling at one another does not.
      "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
      'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• Originally posted by MRT144 View Post
        That video makes Philly seem like at least an interesting place to visit for specific events. Fights and people yelling at one another does not.
        Yeah for tourists. It's the locals with the fights.
        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
          Yeah for tourists. It's the locals with the fights.
          So if you were trying to sell someone on visiting or moving to Philly, would you say that loud, violent males is an endearing part of Philly culture and the experience?

Imagine for a moment that people aren't like you and that's an okay thing...to be different.
          Last edited by MRT144; March 31, 2011, 14:16.
          "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
          'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• So if you were trying to sell someone on visiting or moving to Philly, would you say that loud, violent males is an endearing part of Philly culture and the experience?
            This is undeniably true.
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• I visited Philadelphia with some of my friends from Michigan. It was pretty fun. There weren't many awesome things. I just remember the Philly Cheese Steaks "wit wiz". And meeting Jason Britton. And seeing Ben Franklin stuff everywhere. The other girl that went is pretty obsessed with Dr. Franklin.

Comment

• Originally posted by b etor View Post
                I visited Philadelphia with some of my friends from Michigan. It was pretty fun. There weren't many awesome things. I just remember the Philly Cheese Steaks "wit wiz". And meeting Jason Britton. And seeing Ben Franklin stuff everywhere. The other girl that went is pretty obsessed with Dr. Franklin.
                it's Whiz Wit... as in Whiz wit(h) onions

I don't go to Geno's though... I actually generally avoid South Philly to be honest.

MRT ****s with me for not leaving Philly... to be completely honest, I rarely go past North Philly and Center City. I haven't been in West Philly in over a year... haven't been in the Northeast for a long time, either. Can't even remember the last time I was up in Northwest... Southwest is a place to avoid as well. I hear scary **** about Southwest.

Comment

• Oh yes that. So yummy.

Comment

• Hey, don't they have a high crime rate in Rocky Town?

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                      it's Whiz Wit... as in Whiz wit(h) onions

I don't go to Geno's though... I actually generally avoid South Philly to be honest.

MRT ****s with me for not leaving Philly... to be completely honest, I rarely go past North Philly and Center City. I haven't been in West Philly in over a year... haven't been in the Northeast for a long time, either. Can't even remember the last time I was up in Northwest... Southwest is a place to avoid as well. I hear scary **** about Southwest.
                      Center Philly and South Philly are the only places worth going to. Good restaraunts in center Philly. South Philly for the sports complexes.
                      Go Flyers.
                      "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

• Originally posted by Docfeelgood View Post
                        Hey, don't they have a high crime rate in Rocky Town?

Says Original but it's from Rocky II, I'm pretty sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ogie Oglethorpe View Post
                          Good restaraunts in center Philly. South Philly for the sports complexes.
                          Go Flyers.
                          Gotta agree with that. Lots of historical stuff to see too. Driving on cobbled roads with a sport suspension is a kidney killer though.
                          We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                          If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                          Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

• flying high nowwww sucking eggs nowwww

Comment

• I sometimes try to talk with a British accent but I crack up every time. I can't be serious long enough. 5 stars to those who can speak with accents!

Comment

• I seem to fall into a Scots accent when I drink to excess despite having no scots blood. That combined with a love for the skirling of the pipes, especially the more martial tunes, makes me think I was a highlander in a past life.
                                We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                                If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                                Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Working...
                                X