No announcement yet.

Die iPad, Die Die

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure what you need, stuff added recently.

Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
    Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
    We've got both kinds

Comment

It's not LaTeX (which I have working with Keynote and Powerpoint).

JM
      (But that I probably wouldn't have with Keynote iOS anyways)
      Jon Miller-
      I AM.CANADIAN
      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Die IPad ist die beste Tablette, Ja.
        VANGUARD

Comment

Originally posted by Lonestar View Post
          When you have money you can buy stuff, prole.
          Originally posted by Oerdin View Post
          See, when you have a job they pay you for your work and then you have money to spend.
          Asher specifically said that he doesn't need it and it would be of very limited use to him but he wants it just because. That doesn't strike you as purely compulsive?
          "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Compulsively using the latest technology is an asset in my field.
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I'm working with iPads and iPhones & Android devices at work as well.

I've got a prototype working where if you walk up with an iPhone or iPad to one of our interactive whiteboards, you can push a button on the iPhone/iPad to instantly and wirelessly transfer a file loaded on your device and have it displayed on the whiteboard. Teachers will love this ****. Literally, one button on the device to do this all (assuming they're already paired via bluetooth -- this is the next problem I'm trying to solve, to make this trivial).

Ideas like this come to me because I play with these toys.
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

I also requested a Nexus S because I want to play with NFC.

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                  Asher specifically said that he doesn't need it and it would be of very limited use to him but he wants it just because. That doesn't strike you as purely compulsive?

Only if he arbitrarily bought one. We all don't "need" cable television, beer, or even computers, and yet we buy them.
                  Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

I'm still trying to figure out the point. I have a laptop. I have a mobile phone. I don't really see the purpose of having something that is intermediate.
                    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Couch surfing.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
                        Compulsively using the latest technology is an asset in my field.
                        Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                        We've got both kinds

Comment

Originally posted by Lonestar View Post
                          Only if he arbitrarily bought one. We all don't "need" cable television, beer, or even computers, and yet we buy them.
                          Yeah but that stuff is of use to people. He admits he'd have very limited use out of this.
                          "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                            Yeah but that stuff is of use to people. He admits he'd have very limited use out of this.
                            Think of it as Professional development" expenditure. He is expected to know all sorts of computer stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller View Post
                              It's not LaTeX (which I have working with Keynote and Powerpoint).

JM
                              (But that I probably wouldn't have with Keynote iOS anyways)
                              There is a free LaTeX editor app.

http://www.appbrain.com/app/verbosus.verbtex
                              We've got both kinds

Comment

Nah

Comment

Working...
                                X