No announcement yet.

Tax Religious Groups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those people would probably still nominally identify as religious anyway. No gain to be had then.

My parents are in this category. They haven't been to church, said grace, prayed, or done anything remotely religious for years but if you ask them they will claim to be christians.
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Wezil View Post
      Do you really think it would balance out all the infants and children counted in the faith numbers? Really? I don't think it would even be close.
      I'm describing behaviour that would explain higher average (or median) age for members of religions while there is no danger of those religions disappearing any time soon.

It's another view of the meaning of the numbers you posted, but one that does not agree with your idea that religions are aging and dying away. They're hiding in plain sight.

I wonder if there are any studies of religious behaviour over time for people born after 1950.
      (\__/)
      (='.'=)
      (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Working...
      X