Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Christina Aguilera sure knows the National Anthem.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who knows or cares? It is "Led" for whatever reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
      I thought it was Lead as in the metal which would make a Zeppelin made out of lead impossible since it's so heavy. Instead, it's led like the past tense of lead? That makes less sense but rock band names often make no sense anyway. Or is it just a stylistic spelling of lead?
      They changed the spelling to stop people from saying "leed zeppelin"

Comment

The name was made up by Keith Moon, who sneered that the band ought to go over like a lead zeppelin. The omission of the A appears to have been a purely stylistic choice. Like "Def Leppard," though I don't know if they're actually named for a hearing-impaired jungle cat.
        1011 1100
        Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
          The name was made up by Keith Moon, who sneered that the band ought to go over like a lead zeppelin. The omission of the A appears to have been a purely stylistic choice. Like "Def Leppard," though I don't know if they're actually named for a hearing-impaired jungle cat.
          Def is really old slang for cool.

Though Wikipedia says it was deaf originally:

Soon afterward they adopted a name proposed by Elliott, "Deaf Leopard", which was originally a band name he thought up while writing reviews for imaginary rock bands in his English class (and in at least partial reference to the band Led Zeppelin).[12] At Kenning's suggestion, the spelling was slightly modified in order to make the name seem less like that of a punk band.
          "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by N35t0r View Post
            Seriously?
            Do you understand now?
            "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

I thought if I ever had a band , White Meat sound good.

Comment

Exactly. Replace the Black woman (who Rolling Stone magazine oddly made no mention of) with a white one and voila! Pop success!

Note how the article noted "blond singer". Exactly.
                Waaaay to miss the point. Re read this, please (emphasis added):

Everything changed in 2003, when the band, then consisting of MCs apl.de.ap and Taboo and will.i.am, hired singer Stacy "Fergie" Ferguson and made a conscious decision to pursue commercial success.
                The band began working on a third LP in 2001, but things didn't come together until Fergie came on board in 2003. Along with the new, blond singer, the band adopted a more pop-friendly approach, from its guest list and fashion sense to its lyrical content.
                They don't make rap anymore. They make rappy pop/dance.
                Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Seriously Albert, do you even read your own posts? You WANT to ascribe a racial reason. Starting off with "this is just tongue in cheek" to "the more I think about it, it seems like it was Fergie was white". It's the same thing that all racists do, start with an I'm just joking / saying comment to you know, that's right!

Your posts even say that fans of the OLD BEP don't like the new direction with Fergie. What's the new direction? They became more poppy / sold out. So OF COURSE they are going to explode in popularity in the mainstream because they changed their sound to be more mainstream!! I don't see what is so hard to comprehend about that!
                  “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                  - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Clearly he is BK's DL.
                    Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

The WSJ article affirmed that marketers love them because they are multi-ethnic. The fact that they appeared in so many commercials was the turning point for their popularity, as Will.I.Am even said. They got the deals then became famous for their music. They only got the deals because they are multi-ethnic. They were not multi-ethnic enough until they got a white woman.

What is so hard to understand?

Comment

That you voluntarily listen to (c)rap.
                        "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

The WSJ article affirmed that marketers love them because they are multi-ethnic. The fact that they appeared in so many commercials was the turning point for their popularity, as Will.I.Am even said. They got the deals then became famous for their music. They only got the deals because they are multi-ethnic. They were not multi-ethnic enough until they got a white woman.

What is so hard to understand?
                          Do you want me to make a list of multi-ethnic group which are NOT popular? We'll then list how many pop-friendly groups with mainstream-oriented lyrics there are? What do you think?

If fergie had been black, then maybe they wouldn't have gotten as much fame as they do now (certainly the 'odd' factor helped), but they'd still be famous. If they had kept on making the same music as before, with a white fergie, then they'd probably still be where they were.
                          Indifference is Bliss

Comment

And as everyone knows, there are no non-white artists or groups that have made money in music
                            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
                              And as everyone knows, there are no non-white artists or groups that have made money in music
                              Hey I didn't say it. The Wall Street Journal said it.

Comment

We should thank Christina because next year there will be a NEW prop bet.
                                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                                X