Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Christina Aguilera sure knows the National Anthem.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
    Way to pick something important, Oerdin. Forget the National Anthem, let's worry about a Guns and Roses ****up.
    Guns and Roses are far more important to the world than some crappy old plagiarised national anthem...
    Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Oh, well, she still has her AWESOME ACTING CAREER!
      1011 1100
      Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

i think she actually had stage fright.
        This had happened to her before and she commented that it was the most emmbarassing thing she had ever experince3d.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin View Post
          Yeah, I did. Who ever sang at the half time show though sucked.
          Why am I not surprised that you've never heard of the Black Eyed Peas (though yes, they aren't really good, to not know them is kinda silly).
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

If she would have hummed it she would still have done better than me.
            I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
            - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
              Maybe Oerdin thinks Fergie and Christina Aguilera are the same person...
              Prove that they aren't! Fergie is just Christina 50 years into the future.
              “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

More like 3000 years into the past. She's a mummy!

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
                  Why am I not surprised that you've never heard of the Black Eyed Peas (though yes, they aren't really good, to not know them is kinda silly).
                  How does he think Christina Aguilera and Fergie are the same person, though? They don't even look similar. That also means he never heard of Christina Aguilera, either.

Hey! Why don't we all call him an idiot like you all call me for not knowing who Lead Zeppelin is?

And to be fair, the Black Eyed Peas were formed in 1992, having been discovered by Eazy-E. Fergie didn't join in until 2003. As soon as they added the white woman, for whatever reason, they skyrocketed into popularity and many would argue completely fell off. Don't make any judgments about BEP being good or not without being aware of their pre-Fergie decade.
                  "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                  "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

We all know Oerdin is an idiot, for many, many things.
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Led Zeppelin
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Actually what's really odd is that BEP had a woman doing the Fergie role during their non-charting years... a singer named Kim Hill. She left the group then they brought in Fergie. What is it about Fergie that suddenly skyrocketed them into the mainstream overnight? All they really did was have her fill the role previously filled by Kim Hill.
                        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Fergie is more than a backup singer.
                          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

BEP singles:

Fallin Up (1997) Did not chart
                            Joints & Jams (1998) Did not chart
                            Karma (1999) Did not chart
                            BEP Empire (2000) Did not chart
                            Weekends (2000) Did not chart
                            Request + Line feat. Macy Gray (2001) 63

Pretty bad. Even doing a song with Macy Gray at the height of her popularity only got them to #63 on the US charts

Then added Fergie...

Where is the Love (2003) #8

then huge mainstream popularity. It's like Fergie made them a success overnight!

Comment

Fergie has far more stage presence (an "It factor" if you will) for one.

Comment

So what exactly did she sing? Something about "proudly watched twilights last reaming"??
                                There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Working...
                                X