Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It looks like I'll be buying a new washing machine soon.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aeson View Post
    I suppose it is better to burn the clothes, since that rotten corpse smell is so hard to get out...
    LOL
    Im so ashamed

Comment

I was talking about you, not Tupac.

Comment

still

Comment

Xpost sorta works since you're a nurse...

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin View Post
            The one I have I have owned since college (10 years ago) and I bought second hand so it is pretty old. The repair man said that the bearings are going out on it and it would be $200-$300 to fix it so at that price I think I'll just be buying a new one. On the upside I've seen some front loader washer and driers in the $500-$700 range (each) so it's probably a good time to buy. Does anyone have any suggestions about which brands are good or what features to make sure I get?
            It's always sad when you have to take an old washer out to the backyard and shoot it. What are you going to tell the kids?
            “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
            "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi View Post
              It's always sad when you have to take an old washer out to the backyard and shoot it. What are you going to tell the kids?
              Dinner time?

Comment

So that Oerdin won't be mislead by DaShi into passing up the opportunity of a lifetime...

Comment

Man, that was a front loader too. Those are more expensive then the old style top loaders. I bet that kid got his ass whooped but good when his parents came home and found out he'd destroyed a $700-$1000 washing machine.

Edit: rewatching it he looks older so I guess his wife will be kicking his ass instead of his parents.
                  Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Bosch
                    Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                    GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Siemens but too bloody expensive

We have a Bauknecht. 5 years and no problem...
                      "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

IIRC from my last washing machine purchase, Whirlpool were more highly regarded than Maytag by the guys at Home Depot and Lowes. I looked and (no surprise) we have a Whirlpool.
                        We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                        If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                        Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Wow Oerdin, is thre no end to the excitement in your rock and roll lifestyle?
                          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

I bought a BOSCH washing machine, it's been working great. It was among the more expensive bunch among those we were looking at, and the store was offering 30 installments, which meant the monthly payment turned out to be less than what we spent at the laundry, even taking soap and softener into account.
                            Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Doesn't strike me as strange, since a public laundry service costs a ****load of money. I reckon any washing machine is cheaper than that
                              "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
                              "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

Over here, the difference isn't that big generally, especially in more residential neighbourhoods. Where I live, there's a lot of commerce, offices & hotels.
                                Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Working...
                                X