The 2011 Off Topic Celebrity Dead Pool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Embalmer42 and germanos did
    APOSTOLNIK BEANIE BERET BICORNE BIRETTA BOATER BONNET BOWLER CAP CAPOTAIN CHADOR COIF CORONET CROWN DO-RAG FEDORA FEZ GALERO HAIRNET HAT HEADSCARF HELMET HENNIN HIJAB HOOD KABUTO KERCHIEF KOLPIK KUFI MITRE MORTARBOARD PERUKE PICKELHAUBE SKULLCAP SOMBRERO SHTREIMEL STAHLHELM STETSON TIARA TOQUE TOUPEE TRICORN TRILBY TURBAN VISOR WIG YARMULKE ZUCCHETTO

Comment

• So did I.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Originally posted by Perfection View Post
        Embalmer42 and germanos did
        I'm going to wait for word on cause of death before awarding points. I suspect there will be bonus points involved.
        "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
        "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
          So did I.
          Too bad she was on your reserve list.
          "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
          "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

• God damn it, I thought she was "too obvious" to pick.

Really, dumbass? Too obvious, for a dead pool. Go **** myself.
            "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
            "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Originally posted by Pax View Post
              Did any of you vultures pick amy winehouse?
              "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
              "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

• I guess that the odds are slim that Amy Winehouse, Britney Spears AND Lady Ga Ga will die in one year....
                Screws my list
                Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• Why? Averaging one out of three across your 20 will win the pool most years.
                  Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                  RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Originally posted by Perfection View Post
                    Amy Winehouse!

Tributes are being paid to singer Amy Winehouse, who was found dead at her London home at the age of 27.

27 years old, new record!
                    Originally posted by Wezil View Post
                    I'm going to wait for word on cause of death before awarding points. I suspect there will be bonus points involved.
                    Speaking of records...

Most points awarded: Michael Jackson - 273 points (Wezil)

I thought: "how did I get weaselled out of this?"
                    It took a while to find the 2009 dead pool and I found out about Wezil's double edged sword
                    Points = 150 + (100 – age) + (21 – Rank) + Bonus

Death: Michael Jackson, age 50

Asmodean (#3) -- +218 pts
                    Germanos (#1) -- +220 pts
                    Wezil (#18) -- +203 pts, plus Daily Double Award +50 = +253

However, 253 and not 273 points as listed as 'most points awarded'. Am I missing something?

More eerie news from that thread:
                    Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                    Amy Winehouse was a near-miss from last year's list. I think she'll succeed if she tries.
                    Originally posted by Wezil View Post
                    Amy Winehouse was a near-miss from last year's list. I think she'll succeed if she tries.

I read another article about her today. Apparently she is afraid she is going to join the "27 Club".

Bad for her. Good for Dead Pool players.
                    "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
                    "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

• However, 253 and not 273 points as listed as 'most points awarded'. Am I missing something?
                      Without doing any research (or addition!), I'd say it looks like a typo.
                      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Originally posted by germanos View Post
                        Am I missing something?
                        Yes. The Unnatural Causes Award. 20 points.

My Michael Jackson points came in dribs and drabs - hence the confusion. I was hoping to avoid something similar with Winehouse but 2-4 weeks is too long to not award points.

Since I don't really want to have to edit the points later I'm going to play the odds and presume the cause was not "natural" and award the points now. If it turns out I guessed wrong I will remove the bonus 20 at a later date.

Comment

• Originally posted by germanos View Post

More eerie news from that thread:
                          I asked about David Carradine mere months before his death as well.

Comment

• Amy Winehouse was 27 and the choice of two players - embalmer42 (6) and germanos (9).

embalmer42 = (171 - 6) + (100 - 27) + 20 unnatural causes* = 258 points

germanos = (171 - 9) + (100 - 27) + 20 unnatural causes* = 255 points

While not a points record this is a new Youngest Death record for the Poly Dead Pool (formerly held by Jennifer Lyon).

* Pending autopsy results.

Comment

• Quite shocked to still be in the lead. When I heard about Winehouse on Saturday, I figured multiple people might jump ahead of me...

Comment

• Sloww and Onefootinthegrave both had her on their reserve lists.

Comment

Working...
                                X