Swedes shocked by first terror attack in 3 decades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
    I guess you'd have to read the whole post, kitman.

And there's no point in comparing auto accidents and airplane accidents. These aren't accidents.
    This was apparently an accident.

While the results of DNA tests are still needed for confirmation, Lindstrand told reporters he was "98 per cent" certain of the bomber's identity but was trying to work out his eventual target before he blew himself up prematurely.

"He had a bomb belt on him, he had a backpack with a bomb and he was carrying an object that has been compared to a pressure cooker. If it had all blown up at the same time, it would have been very powerful," he said.

"Where he was headed . . . we don't know. It is likely that something happened, that he made some kind of mistake that led to part of the bombs he was carrying went off and caused his death.

Read more: http://www.calgaryherald.com/news/Swedish+bomber+planned+Christmas+carnage+Investiga tors/3967954/story.html#ixzz1811zoAhT
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Yet another suicide bomber from the UK? When is the rest of the world going to invade the UK for being a hotbed of terrorism exports?
      One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
        This was apparently an accident.

While the results of DNA tests are still needed for confirmation, Lindstrand told reporters he was "98 per cent" certain of the bomber's identity but was trying to work out his eventual target before he blew himself up prematurely.

"He had a bomb belt on him, he had a backpack with a bomb and he was carrying an object that has been compared to a pressure cooker. If it had all blown up at the same time, it would have been very powerful," he said.

"Where he was headed . . . we don't know. It is likely that something happened, that he made some kind of mistake that led to part of the bombs he was carrying went off and caused his death.

Read more: http://www.calgaryherald.com/news/Swedish+bomber+planned+Christmas+carnage+Investiga tors/3967954/story.html#ixzz1811zoAhT
        You telling me he got excited and prematurely ejacuploded?

Comment

Originally posted by Dauphin View Post
          Yet another suicide bomber from the UK? When is the rest of the world going to invade the UK for being a hotbed of terrorism exports?
          Nobody would want the UK. What a dreary little place...
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Take one for the team.

Comment

When it comes to Swedish involvement in Afghanistan, there currently are Swedish troops posted at Khandahar, but they only serve in a logistical role, with a few serving as part of the NATO Security Forces(who don't go outside the wire).
              Please put Asher on your ignore list.
              Please do not quote Asher.
              He will go away if we ignore him.

Comment

I really figured that...(someone) was going to say that Sweden's involvement was teaching Americans how to adapt the biathlon for use in Afghanistan, and that was sufficient reason to send in the terrorists.
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                  Now read bc1871's post and maybe you can finally get a clue..
                  i really cant tell if this is a joke or not.

Comment

Tolerant nation? Swedes are ****ing bloodthirsty hate mongers.
                    "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                    'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Originally posted by MRT144 View Post
                      Tolerant nation? Swedes are ****ing bloodthirsty hate mongers.
                      so you like us then?

Comment

I wouldn't even characterize the reaction as shock, it's been closer to incredulity or even denial.

By large people have shrugged and moved on and most people appear to have forgotten about it already. I guess it would have been different were the bomber even slightly capable. It could have been a hell of a lot worse. Here's some pictures (some might be disturbing so NSFW just in case):

The bomber:

The site afterward:

The car afterward:

His profile at a Muslim dating site:

CCTV video:
                        Enjoy the videos and music that you love, upload original content and share it all with friends, family and the world on YouTube.

Originally posted by bc1871 View Post
                        When it comes to Swedish involvement in Afghanistan, there currently are Swedish troops posted at Khandahar, but they only serve in a logistical role, with a few serving as part of the NATO Security Forces(who don't go outside the wire).
                        Most of them are up near Mazar-i Sharif training police and fighting drug lords, they do go outside the wire. The bomber would have been aware of the debate here over whether to increase forces or withdraw.

Comment

Well I hope that the people of Sweden, have the fortitude to stay the course, and continue to oppose radicalism and extremism in Afghanistan.

Comment

That appears to be the case. This guy has been no more than a blip. I'm amazed how fast it's been "forgotten" actually.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
                              Smart people, those Swedes. Here's hoping they keep saying it.

The worst thing they could do is panic like a bunch of schoolgirls, which is exactly what the US has done. Terrorism now affects everyone on a daily basis in the US, but these new terrorists collect government paychecks.
                              Actually, several of the leading MPs from left and right are suggesting new BigBrother-laws in direct connection to this selfkill-only suicide bomber. Fu(k them all.
                              So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
                              Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

Originally posted by Chemical Ollie View Post
                                Actually, several of the leading MPs from left and right are suggesting new BigBrother-laws in direct connection to this selfkill-only suicide bomber. Fu(k them all.
                                I doubt that Sweden would go through with such harsh legislation.

Also, any sort of anti-terrorist policies must be well thought out, otherwise you get incompetent TSA style screeners and full body scanners.

Comment

Working...
                                X