Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
    Sometimes you're quite the dullard.
    That's a bit uncalled for isn't it? Aren't you one of the people lamenting the fact that people on Poly are rude to each other...?

Travelling by plane is safer than travelling by car: FACT!
    Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
      That's what the Swedes were saying.
      Smart people, those Swedes. Here's hoping they keep saying it.

The worst thing they could do is panic like a bunch of schoolgirls, which is exactly what the US has done. Terrorism now affects everyone on a daily basis in the US, but these new terrorists collect government paychecks.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Keep calm and carry on.

Comment

Originally posted by MOBIUS View Post
          Travelling by plane is safer than travelling by car: FACT!
          By what measure? Jesus H. ****ing Christ On A Stick.
          Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Are you serious?

It's by both injuries or fatalities by passenger mile as well as injuries or fatalities by trip, last I checked...
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
              Are you serious?

It's by both injuries or fatalities by passenger mile as well as injuries or fatalities by trip, last I checked...
              Wiki says otherwise. It's safer than cars for deaths per passenger-hours and deaths per passenger-kilometers, but not safer for deaths per passenger-journeys.
              "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Smart people, those Swedes. Here's hoping they keep saying it.

The worst thing they could do is panic like a bunch of schoolgirls, which is exactly what the US has done. Terrorism now affects everyone on a daily basis, but these new terrorists collect government paychecks.
                I am seriously looking at doing some kind of Caribbean cruise this winter, but it's looking increasingly unlikely because of the sheer inconvenience of having to travel to Miami - even the Panama Canal requires a US visa now...

While the US continues to insist on letting the terrorists dictate their loves like a bunch of sissies, I think I'll avoid the place TYVM...

Comment

Wiki says otherwise. It's safer than cars for deaths per passenger-hours and deaths per passgener-kilometers, but not safter for deaths per passenger-journeys.
                  Ah, so it is so. WELL, this certainly changes everything.

Nope. Actually it doesn't.

I'm glad we sorted this out.

Also: Bicycles are FAR more dangerous than both planes and cars.

Comment

You're still being incredibly rude about it - talk about not practicing what you preach…

Comment

I'd be rude too if I was worried about these statistics.

I'll never fly or ride my bicycle again!!!!~

Comment

Bicycles are for people that can't afford cars.
                        "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                        "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Ah, so it is so. WELL, this certainly changes everything.

Nope. Actually it doesn't.

I'm glad we sorted this out.
                          I didn't say it changed everything. The only claim I made was that saying driving is categorically safer than flying is untrue. If a person were to fly by plane as frequently as they were to drive by car, they'd be more likely to die in the plane than the car.

Also: Bicycles are FAR more dangerous than both planes and cars.
                          Yes, that amused me, too.
                          Last edited by Lorizael; December 13, 2010, 12:20. Reason: Christ I'm dumb.

Comment

Originally posted by MOBIUS View Post
                            You're still being incredibly rude about it - talk about not practicing what you preach…
                            You're right. I apologize.

Comment

what are you trying to say sloww?

Comment

I guess you'd have to read the whole post, kitman.

And there's no point in comparing auto accidents and airplane accidents. These aren't accidents.
                                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Working...
                                X