No announcement yet.

Swedes shocked by first terror attack in 3 decades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you know he intended to blow himself up where he did?

He very well may've been on his way to a more important target when he went kaboom.

This would explain why the death rate for walking is so high.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Walking is for people that can't afford bicycles.
      "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
      "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

"The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Asher, when you get in the mood to argue, there's really no point in going on with you. Go ahead and agree with MOBIUS.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

This incident clearly demonstrates that we need to double our resolve in fighting radical Muslims, as they obviously seem to be just as hell bent on the destruction of lefty environmentalist nations, as they do on the great democracies of the world.
            Please put Asher on your ignore list.
            Please do not quote Asher.
            He will go away if we ignore him.

Comment

Originally posted by bc1871 View Post
              This incident clearly demonstrates that we need to double our resolve in fighting radical Muslims, as they obviously seem to be just as hell bent on the destruction of lefty environmentalist nations, as they do on the great democracies of the world.
              Are you sure doubling is enough? What about tripling or quadrupling? Personally, I'm partial to sextupling.
              Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
              "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                I guess you'd have to read the whole post, kitman.
                yeah i did. and you come of as some smug american that think we deserved it for some reason.

Comment

Right, kitman.

Now read bc1871's post and maybe you can finally get a clue.

Sweden hasn't, to my knowledge, done anything to warrant an attack, but they're not safe either.
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                  "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                  He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                    Asher, when you get in the mood to argue, there's really no point in going on with you. Go ahead and agree with MOBIUS.
                    The only time I've been affected by terror is when a hideous old man groped me at the airport.

*shrug*

Sweden hasn't, to my knowledge, done anything to warrant an attack, but they're not safe either.
                    I guess you haven't paid attention to the story's details?

The claims were Sweden fought in Afghanistan and there was also this certain cartoonist from Sweden...

Comment

Soon we'll learn that this is all about Wikileaks, and the bomber's race and religion were a weird coincidence. "Hacktivism" was a gateway drug.
                      1011 1100
                      Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
                        *shrug* It just irks me when people trot out statistics like that without qualifying them. If flying is uncategorically labeled the "safest form of transportation" then people will incorrectly believe that it is always safer to take the plane than the car.
                        OK... I give up on that point, but in any case getting hit by a terrorist is there toghether with shark attacks - could happen, but if it happens to you, you are really unlucky.
                        Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                        GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

FWIW, Al Qaeda is training sharks and releasing them off the Florida coast.

Comment

Wiki says otherwise. It's safer than cars for deaths per passenger-hours and deaths per passenger-kilometers, but not safer for deaths per passenger-journeys.

I'd like to see those stats if restricted to inter-city travel, and broken down by distances. I'm doubting they are since 'foot' is listed as a mode of travel.

I'm suspecting that air travel from New York to LA is safer on a per journey basis than by car.

Lies, damn lies, and statistics. Mumble, mumble.
                            (\__/)
                            (='.'=)
                            (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

*shrug* It just irks me when people trot out statistics like that without qualifying them. If flying is uncategorically labeled the "safest form of transportation" then people will incorrectly believe that it is always safer to take the plane than the car.
                              Actually I believe rail transport is the safest...

And most people do more driving a year than flying. But it is (at least currently) the other way around.

Aviation is far safer than driving, even if we just consider fatalities. And at the moment I am the exception to the rule.
                              Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither View Post
                                I'm suspecting that air travel from New York to LA is safer on a per journey basis than by car.
                                That is clearly reflected in the other two stats on the wiki page.

Comment

Working...
                                X