No announcement yet.

The Apolyton Off-Topic 2011 Celebrity Dead Pool - Signup thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We regret to inform you that Music Legend Teena Marie has died at the age of 54. Tributes and further details soon at http://WDASfm.com
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Well crap.

I have Teena Marie - Irons In The Fire (1980).

RIP
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Rap websites like globalgrind.com and hiphopwired.com are also reporting it. Still haven't seen it on legitimate print media though.
        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Here, Sloww:

According to Roland Martin, R&B singer Teena Marie has passed away at the age of 54. Martin cites Marie's manager, Mike Gardner.

Philadelphia radio station WDAS, was the first to report the news; Chicago radio station V103 is also is reporting the death.

Born Marie Christine Brockert, Teena Marie rose to prominence in the late 70s and 80s, striking a musical and personal partnership with funk legend Rick James. She released 13 studio albums, six of which went platinum on the US R&B chart. Two of her albums went platinum, and six altogether were gold.

Marie's biggest hit came in 1984 with her single 'Lovergirl,' which peaked at number four on the Billboard Hot 100 chart.

Comment

I'm seeing it hit more sites now. Apparently found dead in her bedroom and had seizures recently. I'm reading now that she was found by her daughters and had died last night.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teena_Marie , but no specifics yet. "Breaking News".
            Last edited by SlowwHand; December 26, 2010, 22:03.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Only a few days left to get your teams in for 2011.
              "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
              "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Another one, Sloww.

Bernard Wilson, 64, who helped define the Sound of Philadelphia as an original member of Harold Melvin and the Blue Notes, died early Sunday.

Mr. Wilson, a North Philadelphia native, was part of the group's classic lineup during the early and mid-1970s that was responsible for such hits as "If You Don't Know Me by Now," "The Love I Lost," "Don't Leave Me This Way," and "Bad Luck."

Comment

Well, crap. Another that I have, The Essential Harold Melvin & the Blue Notes (2004), which has all those songs. All my people are dying.

R.I.P.

Comment

Well Teddy Pendergrass died in January so there's only one remaining original member of the Blue Notes alive.

Comment

Only two days left to get your team in.

I have roughly a half dozen posters claiming to want to play in the 2011 pool but have yet to submit a team...
                      "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                      "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Bunch of wankers.

Comment

The Guild of Calamitous Intent has submitted its list.
                          "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                          "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Team WhyInvent the Wheel Twice PM'ed to Wezil.
                            You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
                              The Guild of Calamitous Intent has submitted its list.
                              The Guild has been ****ing registered for their fourth season.

Comment

Check your PMs Krill. I need further info on one of your picks.

Comment

Working...
                                X