No announcement yet.

The Apolyton Off-Topic 2011 Celebrity Dead Pool - Signup thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I didn't know who he was, is my reason.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Of course not. You aren't a heathen atheist.
      "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
      "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

• Hauldren picked both rivals in the Ivory Coast standoff (Gbagbo and Outtara). Good dead pool call as it appears conflict is coming.

Castro and Gilly Graham were huge again this year. Both Douglas' (Kirk and Mike) appear on many lists.

Tiger Woods escaped the pool and was not picked this year.
        "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
        "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

• Obama was also not picked this year after being a popular pick last year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wezil View Post
            While we wait...

Why am I the only player to pick Christopher Hitchens? I expected to see his name on many lists...but didn't.
            Oh ****. I can't believe I forgot Hitch. I even made a mental note to myself when I heard the news a few months ago, "gotta put him in the Dead Pool."
            "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
            "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• I did the same thing as Guy on Hitchens. My last minute would-be substitute was baseball Hall of Famer Harmon Killebrew, who announced last week that he has esophageal cancer.
              Solomwi is very wise. - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

• -Jrabbit nabbed him.

The close to deadline advantage we were talking about.

Comment

• Originally posted by Solomwi View Post
                  I did the same thing as Guy on Hitchens. My last minute would-be substitute was baseball Hall of Famer Harmon Killebrew, who announced last week that he has esophageal cancer.
                  Exactly who I was talking about.
                  "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                  "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Originally posted by Wezil View Post
                    Our 17th team has been registered - a new high for the Poly Dead Pool.

Robert Plomp (Life Kills) is good to go.

Robert - You will find #10 listed under their proper name rather than stage name.
                    You mean that this is a stage name? I mean, she doesn't have a real name, does she? She can't have one, that would be weird.
                    Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                    Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• She refuses to be called by her old name.
                      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• Yeah, Plomp. Her mother really named her Lady Gaga.
                        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                          Yeah, Plomp. Her mother really named her Lady Gaga.
                          ORLY?
                          You got to be kidding me!
                          Still can't believe it.
                          Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                          Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                            Yeah, Plomp. Her mother really named her Lady Gaga.

She named her Baby GaGa. She grew up to be Lady GaGa.

Comment

Working...
                            X