Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MikeH View Post
    That's 'cause you are a dumbass.
    Quite possibly. Nevertheless, I think it would be a nice change of pace. Isn't anyone else bored of the neverending stream of invective that settles for conversation here?
    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post
      Instead of removing the post, that post would be designated as a dumbass post. Along with the regular post count there would be a dumbass post count. Both could be displayed. We could even have a set of titles associated with them that change as the count increases like, newb dumbass, experienced dumbass, king of the dumbasses, douche. etc.
      "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
      "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post
        Instead of removing the post, that post would be designated as a dumbass post. Along with the regular post count there would be a dumbass post count. Both could be displayed. We could even have a set of titles associated with them that change as the count increases like, newb dumbass, experienced dumbass, king of the dumbasses, douche. etc.

I can imagine a scramble to be the top douche on the OT like a badge of honour!
        Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
          Quite possibly. Nevertheless, I think it would be a nice change of pace. Isn't anyone else bored of the neverending stream of invective that settles for conversation here?
          Problem is, if you don't post stuff that is controversial, it falls like a lead balloon.

Try it.

Comment

Perhaps, but I discuss controversial subjects with real people in real life all the time without resorting to name-calling, slurs, and other forms of personal abuse.
            "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

That is true. But then people aren't constrained by the same sort of consequences on the internet. Obviously.

Comment

That's because it's hard to get punched in the face when you're arguing on the internet.

x-post
                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I reckon I could even be civil with Slowwie IRL...

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Plomp View Post
                    We should have a button for every post, and when it's been clicked by 5 different people, the post will be removed and the poster would have a PCR. I would of course be invulnerable for that button.
                    What do I have to do for a PCR?

I would LOVE it if you could give me a -42000 post count.
                    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

*sigh* It shouldn't be about fear of consequences. People should be civil because it's more productive than being nasty. More flies with honey bla bla bla.

Comment

I oppose this proposal because it puts too much power in the hands of dumbasses.
                        And DLs, come to think of it.
                        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

I don't mind conversation + invective, it's invective by itself that's tedious.

ACCEPTABLE:
                          "I think the Israelis should stop all settlements if they expect to continue receiving military aid from the US."
                          "You can't treat an ally that way, dumbass."

NOT ACCEPTABLE:
                          "Dumbass, I'm so tired of your feeble attempts at wit."
                          "Every time you call me a dumbass, it shows you're insecure about yourself and possibly have a small penis. My psych professor said so."
                          "Your psych prof is a dumbass too."
                          1011 1100
                          Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

*sigh* It shouldn't be about fear of consequences. People should be civil because it's more productive than being nasty. More flies with honey bla bla bla.
                            I'm more than happy to be civil to those posters that deserve it. Plenty of posters here I've swapped posts with that I've never been mean to once in the whole time I've posted here.

Comment

What if the psych professor really was a dumbass?
                              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Or that he had a small penis?

Comment

Working...
                                X