No announcement yet.

Recommend me a city in North America.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I could mention Calgary-- lots of sunshine, mountains are beautiful and culturally . .. . ummm, errrr--- did I mention the mountains are beautiful??
    You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon Miller View Post
      Because you have been to other parts of the US?

JM
      I myself haven't* but I've heard things, bad things.

* = I've been to LA, San Francisco and NYC.

So what's good about life in the "leftover USA"? I'd love to hear a differing opinion, but I can't guarantee I'll agree.

Comment

• Chicago rocks, but I think I posted that back when this all started.
        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Why would you as a foreigner move to Chicago over NYC?

Comment

• NYC is too damn expensive, that's why.
            I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

• Has anyone suggested New Zealand?
              Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
              The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
              The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

• Originally posted by Kitschum View Post
                Why would you as a foreigner move to Chicago over NYC?
                Chicago smells better. Some people prefer the culture of Chicago. And so on...

JM
                Jon Miller-
                I AM.CANADIAN
                GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• Originally posted by Heraclitus View Post
                  Has anyone suggested New Zealand?
                  **** you, Hera, I'm not going there. Even Oztraya is better.
                  Graffiti in a public toilet
                  Do not require skill or wit
                  Among the **** we all are poets
                  Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                    New York and California
                    Santa Barbara was a ****ing awesome place to live. HC

Comment

• New Zealand is not that bad. My friend just went there on a tourist visa,
                      found work and remained. His girlfriend is allowed to stay with him. He's in
                      IT... networks and such. He tells me they need lots of workers there, the
                      country is huge and sparsely populated.

It's a bit of a backwater, literally, but if you're the family type, why not.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kuciwalker View Post
                        Santa Barbara was a ****ing awesome place to live. HC
                        Now this I completely agree with. I loved living there and am still sorry we didn't get to do that meet up there.
                        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by DanS View Post
                          NYC is too damn expensive, that's why.
                          it's the rent mostly
                          "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

• Mexico City
                            Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

• You fancy him being kidnapped and held for ransom?
                              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Working...
                              X