Recommend me a city in North America.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7 of the top 10 bank holding companies are located in NYC
    1 is located in Charlotte (Bank of America)
    1 is located in San Francisco (Wells Fargo)
    1 is located in Minneapolis (US Bancorp)

The US has quite a few banks, so even some second tier cities will have one or more large banks.

I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

• Yeah, somewhere in New York or California. Why would you ever consider anywhere else?

Comment

• Because you have been to other parts of the US?

JM
        Jon Miller-
        I AM.CANADIAN
        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• New York and California
          If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
          ){ :|:& };:

Comment

• Originally posted by Kitschum View Post
            Yeah, somewhere in New York or California. Why would you ever consider anywhere else?
            Too many people = too many people in the way to readily get any public works done efficiently and effectively = outdated, overwhelmed, under-maintained and just plain ineffective infrastructure anywhere near a coast.
            No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

• I do like coasts, but so far prefer the north west.

JM
              Jon Miller-
              I AM.CANADIAN
              GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• Originally posted by onodera View Post
                I'm an IT BA/PM, so I need a place with lots of IT firms or bank HQs that is not Texas.

PM Kontiki about Toronto.

He is right when he says that bashing TO is a national pastime.

It is a very cosmopolitan city, it has a lot of varied events and shows, and it is the financial centre.
                (\__/)
                (='.'=)
                (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• If I were to move to the USA, I would move to Las Vegas
                  I need a foot massage

Comment

• Barnabas

Comment

• Since you are choosing the US a relvant question is: How long do you plan to live in the spot your going to? Be ready to be very mobile because White flight can cost you a lot if you are slow.

Also if you plan on having kids the beast bet strategy seems to be private schools or semi-homeschooling, since if you can ignore public schools in your optimization criteria you can get a pretty nice place to live at a lower cost. Not having kids works too, that's why gays are the shock troops of the gentrification wars of the US.
                      Last edited by Heraclitus; August 14, 2011, 10:13.
                      Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
                      The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
                      The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

• At least he doesn't waste most of his time with a race obsession. That would be costly.

Comment

• white flight or no, he should definately make sure the place doesn't have any racist slovenian knobheads.
                          "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

• Originally posted by gribbler View Post
                            At least he doesn't waste most of his time with a race obsession. That would be costly.
                            So are you disputing the importance of good schools for people who want kids or the existance of the White flight phemonmena?

In any case I don't get people who say "racist" like it should be some horrible reprimand. The word is so bloated and easly thrown around that its meaningless, less dignified than meaningless actually, its a joke.

Last edited by Heraclitus; August 14, 2011, 10:13.
                            Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
                            The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
                            The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

• He said he wanted to move to Marin, you moron. Marin is probably the whitest county in California so stuff it with your white flight nonsense.
                              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Heraclitus View Post
                                Since you are choosing the US a relvant question is: How long do you plan to live in the spot your going to? Be ready to be very mobile because White flight can cost you a lot if you are slow.

Also if you plan on having kids the beast bet strategy seems to be private schools or semi-homeschooling, since if you can ignore public schools in your optimization criteria you can get a pretty nice place to live at a lower cost. Not having kids works too, that's why gays are the shock troops of the gentrification wars of the US.

This is rich!

Hera, you're a ****ing dumbass.

Comment

Working...
                                X