Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Remember that big stink caused by ignoramuses about "niggardly"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DaShi View Post
    Maybe you should edit your post then.
    Care to explain ?
    With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Once more, you've demonstrated that your eagerness to somehow prove me wrong in something, some day, overwhelms the interest I assume you have in not looking like an idiot.
      12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
      Stadtluft Macht Frei
      Killing it is the new killing it
      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post
        Which retarded statement were you making, BC:

1) That "******" is not derived from the latin for "black" because it went by way of Spanish (or Portuguese; can't remember)

2) That "niggardly" is not derived from the latin for "black". Obviously true, and just as obviously revealing of your intellectual deficiencies, due to the fact that THIS ENTIRE THREAD IS PREMISED ON IT, THUS UNDERSTANDING "BOTH" TO MEAN "NIGGARDLY" AND "DENIGRATE" IS IDIOTIC

1 or 2? Pick one and defend it, you moron.
        Wow, we are desperate, aren't we ? Care to elaborate on :

Any word which derives from a Romance Language word which is directly derived from Latin itself derives from Latin.
        With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by BlackCat View Post
          Care to explain ?
          To mellow its stupidity.
          “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by BlackCat View Post
            Wow, we are desperate, aren't we ? Care to elaborate on :

(1) or (2), moron. Pick one.
            Stadtluft Macht Frei
            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Once more, you've demonstrated that your eagerness to somehow prove me wrong in something, some day, overwhelms the interest I assume you have in not looking like an idiot.
              I don't have any wish to demonstrate that you are wrong, that you do perfectly on your own. That it pains you when I do it, is your problem, not mine

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Come on sweetheart. Choose and perish...
                Stadtluft Macht Frei
                Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

It's so sad that he can't even decide which of the two idiotic statements he was making with his ambiguous post....
                  Stadtluft Macht Frei
                  Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

(1) or (2), moron. Pick one.
                    naw, you first - explain that part about Roman languages - I'm curious.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

It's so sad that he can't even decide which of the two idiotic statements he was making with his ambiguous post....
                      Stadtluft Macht Frei
                      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

My guess is that he was originally saying (2), but on further reading he thinks that he has a better chance of defending (1) as being less-than-totally retarded. However, before he says so he wants to scope out what thrust I will make in demonstrating its idiocy.
                        Stadtluft Macht Frei
                        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi View Post
                          To mellow its stupidity.
                          yeah, that may not be proper english. What I wanted to say was "soften/reduce" the stupidity

Steven Weinberg

Comment

KH, we all know that you are brainy enough for two, you have told us that many times. Though, may I suggest that you create a KH II ? That will reduce our concern about your mental healthiness

Steven Weinberg

Comment

So, you admit that you're hoping to take two bites at the apple for the price of one?

Feel free to come play when you're ready to wager your pride, once more, on the small chance of you managing to win an argument...
                              Stadtluft Macht Frei
                              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Well, I sincerely hope that I take a bit of both of you taking a bit on one - otherwise I may recommend that you seek help

Edit: I'm still curious about that little pesky Roman language thingy.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Working...
                                X