No announcement yet.

International Intervention

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The UN is gay. Why we even care what they think is beyond me. They allow nations like Sudan to be on the UN Human Rights Commission, and then want to claim legitimacy

Seriously, the US is way too powerful to give a **** about the United Nations. In fact, the NYPD should declare open season on foreign diplomats, given that many such diplomats don't deign to obey NY traffic regulations. Put a Kenyan diplomat in the drunk tank with a 440 lb white trash idiot. I'd buy tickets to that show.
    Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DaveDaDouche
    Read my seldom updated blog where I talk to myself: http://davedadouche.blogspot.com/

Comment

DF has a point. As to why we care though? Appearances matter. The UN is useful for appearances or propaganda (sometimes). Perhaps also for getting a bunch of diplomats from various countries into one room. Those are the rational reasons for having a body like the UN. Of course that leaves aside its academic or research functions.
      "You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."--General Sir Charles James Napier

Comment

Originally posted by DriXnaK View Post
        I'm thinking overall that international intervention in places is a bad thing.
        Correct. Possibly for the wrong reasons but the statement is still correct as far as it goes. Unfortunately you went on to contradict yourself by announcing your support for intervention but this has already been pointed out.

Comment

Originally posted by curtis290 View Post
          Would you prefer China and Russia to become the world's two superpowers?

Disappointing. I agree with you that we should get our troops out of Europe, they aren't needed there. We need them in Afghanistan, Iraq, and eventually, Iran. Not to mention China is on the horizon at some point within the next few years.
          The bases in Europe do serve a purpose. Recruitment. The illusion that you might get stationed there vs an auto trip to a third world country.
          But I don't think that justifies their continued existence.
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by curtis290 View Post
            Not to mention China is on the horizon at some point within the next few years.
            Well, nothing left to do than to repeat myself:

Originally posted by Hueij View Post
            OMFG, where do those people come from?
            Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
            And notifying the next of kin
            Once again...

Comment

Working...
            X