International Intervention

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• International Intervention

I'm thinking overall that international intervention in places is a bad thing. Imagine if there was a UN when we declared independence from Britain and a bunch of blue hats came in and began "peace keeping" efforts. Would the US even exist today? What about our civil war? I think in order for the rest of the world to fully develop they have to be allowed to do so naturally. There was no UN or USA that was running around the world trying to keep peace and build nations when the west was developing. More than likely we would not exist in our current form if there were.

Originally posted by DriXnaK View Post
    Imagine if there was a UN when we declared independence from Britain and a bunch of blue hats came in and began "peace keeping" efforts. Would the US even exist today?
    Why would it matter?

What about our civil war? I think in order for the rest of the world to fully develop they have to be allowed to do so naturally. There was no UN or USA that was running around the world trying to keep peace and build nations when the west was developing. More than likely we would not exist in our current form if there were.
    What reason is there to think the west would be worse off if there had been peacekeeping missions?

Comment

I need only look at the rampant corruption and incompetence of the UN to see why we would be worse off.

Comment

International organizations like the UN, IMF, and World Bank only seek to spread liberalism and unregulated, unprotected free markets throughout the globe, as well as weaken the US. Both the US and the world needs the US to lead it, not some international organization that listens to the Chinese and Russians just as much as us.
        http://newamericanright.wordpress.com/

The blog of America's new Conservatism.

Comment

ummmm...what? The UN alone seeks to regulate the entire world so I don't really know what you're smoking. What you're really looking at is more of the feel good bull**** from liberals and neoconservatives that does nothing more than hold nations back from developing while bleeding our own dry.

Comment

Originally posted by DriXnaK View Post
            I'm thinking overall that international intervention in places is a bad thing. Imagine if there was a UN when we declared independence from Britain and a bunch of blue hats came in and began "peace keeping" efforts. Would the US even exist today? What about our civil war? I think in order for the rest of the world to fully develop they have to be allowed to do so naturally. There was no UN or USA that was running around the world trying to keep peace and build nations when the west was developing. More than likely we would not exist in our current form if there were.
            Well the powers of Europe did intervene in the American Revolution!

Foreign support of the American Revolutionaries
            France
            Spain
            Holland
            Please put Asher on your ignore list.
            Please do not quote Asher.
            He will go away if we ignore him.

Comment

There's a difference between intervention and support. No one stepped in to try and stop the war like we do around the world. I'm perfectly ok if we want to arm a side of a revolution and lend support in that manner. Stepping in though and stopping a revolution or fighting it for them is pointless.

Comment

So, intervening to support one side is not intervention?

12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                Stadtluft Macht Frei
                Killing it is the new killing it
                Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Indeed. I always knew you were a genius KH.

Comment

At least I know the difference between intervention and mediation.
                    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                    Stadtluft Macht Frei
                    Killing it is the new killing it
                    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by curtis290 View Post
                      International organizations like the UN, IMF, and World Bank only seek to spread liberalism and unregulated, unprotected free markets throughout the globe, as well as weaken the US. Both the US and the world needs the US to lead it, not some international organization that listens to the Chinese and Russians just as much as us.
                      The UN is one of the most antidemocratic institutions in the world today.
                      If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                      ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Originally posted by curtis290 View Post
                        ...the world needs the US to lead it...
                        OMFG, where do those people come from?
                        Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
                        And notifying the next of kin
                        Once again...

Comment

Is this a Prime Directive thing, or a Shadows vs. Vorlons thing?

SP
                          I got the Jete from C.C. Sabathia. : Jon Miller

Comment

I'm in favor of the US pulling out of its global interventionism. If we go to war, we should simply annihilate the enemy absolutely without any restraint, but this nation building **** has to end. Pull the bases out of Europe, let Europe build its own military for once. Instead, put those troops on the border and lock it down.

Comment

Originally posted by Fve Crathva View Post
                              Is this a Prime Directive thing, or a Shadows vs. Vorlons thing?

SP
                              You have to be realistic, it is Vorlons vs. Prime Directive.

JM
                              Jon Miller-
                              I AM.CANADIAN
                              GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Working...
                              X