AAHZ is on a 2-week paid vacation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MOBIUS View Post
    What is a personal day? You get to sit in the corner with a box of kleenex...?

Doctor's appointments etc?
    You can do whatever you want with them.

What I do is keep them for most of the year incase I need them for short term illnesses (flu), or appointments, etc. Then if near the end of the year I haven't used them (and I usually don't), I take a couple weeks off as a vacation using the balance of my personal days.

At my company, if you don't use them they also get cashed out at the end of the year. So 10 unused personal days = 10 extra days of pay.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by AAHZ View Post
      i dont think you idiots understand.

Life tried to ruin AAHZ, and it failed. Now He has 2 weeks to rub in in Apolyton's face, or He can go and buy a plane ticket to Jamacia. or he can buy a ticket to Texas and beat up Slowwhand,. Life tried to destroy AAHZ and he survuved with money to burn. AAHZ lived a life that most of you would kill yourselves if you lived, and im here calling all of you a bunch of pansy ass no good weasel ass greedy snitch ass losers.

now what?
      You mean Jamaica?
      I need a foot massage

Comment

For us, they only gave you 1/2 day pay for unused personal days. Then last year, under the guise of a trouble economy, the even took the 1/2 reimbursement away. SO we just make sure we use them all now.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Yeah, I remember when that was a nice bonus check every year, back in the day. After they took away the pay option, I just used them all for golf.
          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Now that is what I call increasing efficiency !
            "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

Last edited by ZEE; December 22, 2010, 20:44.
              Order of the Fly
              Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

My old job gave me a bunch of personal days but did not allow me to take them, stating I was too instrumental to the operation. Cash out was also not an option. As I said earlier about companies I've worked for not allowing me to use or get paid out (my preference) for vacation days, I am surprised you all have so much luck with these companies. They're obsessed with this idea of coming under budget and not paying out vacation and personal days which are already accounted for is a common way to get under budget.

What beneficial corporate overlords are you all working for? Can't be typical for companies in America.
                "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

I do not work in America.

If you have talents and work in a talent-driven world, you'll find you get treated better. When you're a replaceable piece of meat, of course you don't get treated well.
                  "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

I never had that problem because I was always considered part of the overlords.
                    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Or he can buy a ticket to Texas and beat up Slowwhand.
                      so? i ****ing made it. let that **** soak in your brain, Slowwy. AAHZ is a successful person that will be alive for the rest of your life.
                      2 does not follow from 1, unless Sloww decides to kill himself after giving you a beating, but why would he do that? There is so much more chilli to eat...

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post
                        I never had that problem because I was always considered part of the overlords.
                        No see it's a hierarchy of overlords... I was the overlord over other people, forcing them to work off the clock as per orders. Then I was dicked by the person above me and the person above them probably dicked them.
                        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                          No see it's a hierarchy of overlords... I was the overlord over other people, forcing them to work off the clock as per orders. Then I was dicked by the person above me and the person above them probably dicked them.
                          Isn't this the foundation of America?

Comment

Last edited by ZEE; December 22, 2010, 20:44.
                            Order of the Fly
                            Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
                              Isn't this the foundation of America?
                              American's corporate landscape, yes, judging from my admittedly limited exposure. One company was French in origin, however.

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                                Actually I have always been given a lot of freedom in this area and I was normally bound by the same rules I administered. And the first lesson I learned as a manager was that I'm only as good as my people, so it's never a good idea to abuse them for too long. To encourage them to go above and beyond when necessary, yes, but never on an ongoing basis since it leads to burned out and unmotivated employees.
                                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                                X