Judge blocks most controversial parts of AZ SB1070 law

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
    Illegal immigrants are far more likely to drive without ever having earned a license, and are thus far more likely to commit moving violations.
    PROVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You just keep making crap up with absolutely no proof. But what else is new when it comes to you.
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

All other things being equal, someone without a license is more likely to commit traffic violations. Ben however is not capable of understanding why that doesn't necessarily imply that illegal immigrants are more likely to commit traffic violations.

Comment

You just keep making crap up with absolutely no proof. But what else is new when it comes to you.
        It's not a difficult argument. Illegal immigrants are more likely not to possess a license and attempt to drive in the US, as a proportion of the population. Yes or no?

Therefore illegal immigrants are more likely to commit moving violations.

I'm not saying that the majority of moving violations are committed by illegal immigrants, simply that illegal immigrants comprise a greater proportion of those who commit moving violations than their overall numbers would suggest.
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by gribbler View Post
          All other things being equal, someone without a license is more likely to commit traffic violations.
          I would like to see some proof of that. Since they have more to lose if they are pulled over, one might think they are less likely to commit a traffic violation. Some proof or facts would be useful. But, as usual, Ben is just making stuff up with no proof.
          Keep on Civin'

Comment

STOP. ARGUING. WITH. BEN. you are spamming the thread. SOME of us don't like to have to read his posts
            If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
            ){ :|:& };:

Comment

usillegalaliens.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, usillegalaliens.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

This has a bunch of stats that are rather enlightening. Argues this;

...the reports indicate that Hispanics are involved in DWIs at a rate that is often three to five times than their representation in the population. That is an amazing statistic. The impact of Hispanic illegal alien DWIs on the resident Hispanic portion of the overall DWI statistics is unknown but is undoubtedly very large and giving the Hispanic community a very bad reputation and reinforcing old stereotypes.
              And again;

The report noted that the data showed a wide variation across states in the proportions of drivers involved in fatal crashes who lacked a valid license – from a low of 6.1% in Maine to a high of 23.1% in New Mexico. Arizona and California.
              So it seems to me that illegal immigration jacks the rates up around 4x for fatal crashes involving those without drivers' licenses.
              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

The impact of Hispanic illegal alien DWIs on the resident Hispanic portion of the overall DWI statistics is unknown
                Thanks for pointing out that you still have no proof to back up your claims. Even your link states that NOBODY is tracking it. So again, simply an opinion with no facts to support it.
                Keep on Civin'

Comment

Originally posted by Ming View Post
                  Since they have more to lose if they are pulled over, one might think they are less likely to commit a traffic violation.
                  Yeah, but not knowing the law makes it more difficult to avoid breaking it, wouldn't you say?
                  ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
                  ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

Originally posted by Caligastia View Post
                    Yeah, but not knowing the law makes it more difficult to avoid breaking it, wouldn't you say?
                    Who's to say if they know the law or not? Ben makes it sound like these people have never driven before until they come to the US. Most traffic signs use numbers or images... and are quite universal.

As shown in Ben's link, nobody is tracking it, and nobody really knows.
                    So to claim that it's a fact is simply stupid and moronic... which is pretty typical for Ben
                    Keep on Civin'

Comment

• Originally posted by Ming View Post
                      Who's to say if they know the law or not? Ben makes it sound like these people have never driven before until they come to the US. Most traffic signs use numbers or images... and are quite universal.

As shown in Ben's link, nobody is tracking it, and nobody really knows.
                      So to claim that it's a fact is simply stupid and moronic... which is pretty typical for Ben
                      True, we are just arguing opinion here, but it makes sense to me that people who didn't go through the licensing process would be more likely to get pulled over. Yes, many signs are universal, but there are some technicalities out there that will get you pulled over if a cop sees you violate them - like coming to a full stop at a stop sign, for example.

Comment

• Knowing the "rules" doesn't mean you won't break them either. Many people speed, and coming to a complete stop at a stop sign is something I rarely see

But yes, it's all opinion because there are no real facts. I found it funny that Ben provided a link that even stated that there were no facts, yet tried to make it sound like the link provided the facts to support his opinion... what a moron.
                        Keep on Civin'

Comment

Knowing the "rules" doesn't mean you won't break them either. Many people speed, and coming to a complete stop at a stop sign is something I rarely see
                          Yes, but at least you know enough not to do it right in front of a cop.

But yes, it's all opinion because there are no real facts. I found it funny that Ben provided a link that even stated that there were no facts, yet tried to make it sound like the link provided the facts to support his opinion... what a moron.
                          Is this the same Ming that used to ban people for personal attacks?

Comment

• Originally posted by Caligastia View Post
                            Is this the same Ming that used to ban people for personal attacks?
                            The rules were different back then

And calling him a moron wasn't a personal attack, just a fact
                            Keep on Civin'

Comment

And calling him a moron wasn't a personal attack, just a fact
                              I think you need to provide a link to this 'fact'.

Comment

• So, here's a question.

Does anyone believe that it is OPTIONAL for the federal government to enforce federal law? If it is optional, doesn't that violate equal protection? If it is not optional, and the federal government is not enforcing federal law, then isn't it true that the federal government is not doing it's job?

So, if you agree that the federal government is obligated to enforce the law, and if you further agree that they are NOT enforcing the law WRT illegal immigration, then what recourse SHOULD States have? Do States have NO valid interest in the matter? I doubt that's the case.

Just some things to think about...
                                Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DaveDaDouche
                                Read my seldom updated blog where I talk to myself: http://davedadouche.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X