Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Really, Army? Really? This is Army Strong?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Due diligence
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Wiglaf View Post
      Just called a friend doing Marine OCS. He confirmed it takes a real ****** to get a stress fracture.
      PLCer? If so, he can shut the hell up because he didn't do the real OCC.
      "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

That's like saying some Marines aren't real Marines, which I'm pretty sure is treason. My contact tells me he knows girls at VMI with stress fractures and that you should hook up with one of them. (He confirmed that you are a ****** and meant this sarcastically I think.)

Comment

Originally posted by Wiglaf View Post
          That's like saying some Marines aren't real Marines, which I'm pretty sure is treason. My contact tells me he knows girls at VMI with stress fractures and that you should hook up with one of them. (He confirmed that you are a ****** and meant this sarcastically I think.)
          PLCers only have to do 6 weeks of OCS at a time. pssht... I did 7 weeks twice. Punks.

If I did PLC, I would be a 2nd Lieutenant by now. I've done more weeks than any PLCer.
          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Lonestar, there is a good reason to have a Marine Corp. It's job is to have a small standby force to make short incursions or strikes into enemy territory and to be able to self sustain the effort for a short duration (certainly less then a couple of months). Now, if the conflict is much larger or is longer then a couple of months then that is what the Army is for. The Marine Corp is for short self contained campaigns while the Army is for truly massive long term campaigns which, frankly, the Marine Corp is incapable of handling. The Air Force should really still be part of the Army because it's main duties are to supply the Army, to transport the Army, and to provide ground support for the Army.
            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
              Maybe the Army should be called Marine Corps Junior but with all the people that don't make the cut.
              What ever. The Army's job is to be the giant on hand to handle all those situations which the Marine Corp is to small or too weak to handle. That's just reality. They're designed to be small self contained force where as the Army is designed to fight huge WW1 & 2 style conflicts.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin View Post
                Lonestar, there is a good reason to have a Marine Corps. It's job is to have a small standby force to make short incursions or strikes into enemy territory and to be able to self sustain the effort for a short duration (certainly less then a couple of months). Now, if the conflict is much larger or is longer then a couple of months then that is what the Army is for. The Marine Corps is for short self contained campaigns while the Army is for truly massive long term campaigns which, frankly, the Marine Corps is incapable of handling. The Air Force should really still be part of the Army because it's main duties are to supply the Army, to transport the Army, and to provide ground support for the Army.
                What ever. The Army's job is to be the giant on hand to handle all those situations which the Marine Corps is to small or too weak to handle. That's just reality. They're designed to be small self contained force where as the Army is designed to fight huge WW1 & 2 style conflicts.

Fixed. Now I can actually read it without cringing. The Marine Corps is not a corporation

Comment

The Marine Corps is for short self contained campaigns while the Army is for truly massive long term campaigns which, frankly, the Marine Corps is incapable of handling.
                  Only because the Army is so much bigger. The Marine Corps and USMCR have a quarter of the personnel of the Army and Army Reserve. Also, on a per person basis, the Marine Corps requires less funding.

The Army's job is to be the giant on hand to handle all those situations which the Marine Corps is to small or too weak to handle.
                  too weak to handle? Too small; not too weak.

You forgot the real reason why the Marine Corps exists: America's Shock Troops.

Comment

BTW Marines are usually thick skulled idiots. You know this is true because they will accept people with lower ASVB scores then any other service. When I enlisted I remembered recruiters telling the dullards who had failed the ASVB that they should not worry because "even though the Army, Navy, or Air Force won't take you the Marine Corps will accept just about anyone". Seriously, all you had to do to get into the Marine Corp was spell your name and Social Security number correctly and then fill out "A" on all the questions and you'd score high enough to get into the Moron Corps even though no other service would touch them.

Comment

Only because the Army is so much bigger. The Marine Corps and USMCR have a quarter of the personnel of the Army and Army Reserve. Also, on a per person basis, the Marine Corps requires less funding.
                      That's because the Army provides the bulk of the logistics for not only itself but the Air Force and the Marine Corps when they're on land. The Army also has way more expensive toys to maintain. Yes, the Marines have their own tiny air support units but the Army has **** loads of extremely expensive tanks, armored personal carriers, and motorized artillery to pay for. Oh, we also provide most of the trucks to transport stuff, specialized railroad building units, and pay for most of the bases and warehouses. The Marines on the other hand suck from the tits of either the Navy or Army depending on if they are at land or at sea. The Marines don't even have the logistical capability to sustain themselves beyond a short period of time and remember the REMFs make up 75% of the service.

Comment

Oerdin you are a ****ing liar and an *******:

ASVAB Score - The Army requires a minimum AFQT Score of 31 to qualify for enlistment. However, in recent months, the Army has been approving more and more waivers for those with scores as low as 26 (Category IVA). To qualify for certain enlistment incentives, such as enlistment bonuses, an Army recruit must score a minimum of 50.

Education - The Army allows more recruits to enlist with a GED than any other branch. In Fiscal Year 2008, only 83 percent of new Army recruits had a high school diploma (or at least 15 college credits), comparted with the Department of Defense (DOD) average of 92 percent. The Army even has a special program, called Army Prep School, that allows individuals to enlist who have no high school diploma or GED.
                        Compare:

ASVAB Score - Marine Corps recruits must score at least 32. A very few exceptions are made (about one percent) for some exceptionally otherwise qualified recruits with scores as low as 25.

Education - As with the Air Force, those without a high school education are ineligible. The Marine Corps limits GED enlistments to no more than five percent per year. Those with a GED must score a minimum of 50 on the AFQT to even be considered.
                        I guess in the Army, 32 < 31, eh? Oh yeah, and check out those GED numbers. 17% of Army has GEDs compared to a maximum of 5% of USMC.

Comment

too weak to handle? Too small; not too weak.
                          Too small means too weak.

Comment

I said "When I enlisted" which was in 1995. Yes, since 1995 standards have fallen since we now have two wars going on and there was a shortage of people willing to enlist due to the good economy. Now that unemployment is around 10% expect standards to rocket back up to where they were before. The service does not live in a bubble and requirements change depending on available manpower.

Comment

Lonestar, there is a good reason to have a Marine Corp. It's job is to have a small standby force to make short incursions or strikes into enemy territory and to be able to self sustain the effort for a short duration (certainly less then a couple of months). Now, if the conflict is much larger or is longer then a couple of months then that is what the Army is for. The Marine Corp is for short self contained campaigns while the Army is for truly massive long term campaigns which, frankly, the Marine Corp is incapable of handling. The Air Force should really still be part of the Army because it's main duties are to supply the Army, to transport the Army, and to provide ground support for the Army.
                              That's great. Of course the Marines have been primarily acting in the role of Army Junior since, oh, WW2. Especially in the past decade when you have these goons operatinh several hundred miles inland NOT operating under a "short incursion or strike".

I am unconvinced that a seperate branch is needed for a force that is suppose to be offshore troubleshooters. Instead the USMC has mutated into a very large Army Jr with it's own air force.
                              Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

I said "When I enlisted" which was in 1995. Yes, since 1995 standards have fallen since we now have two wars going on and there was a shortage of people willing to enlist due to the good economy. Now that unemployment is around 10% expect standards to rocket back up to where they were before. The service does not live in a bubble and requirements change depending on available manpower.
                                Rocket back to where they were? Everything that I have been seeing has indicated that the Army minimum has always been 31, although they can waiver in people with scores as low as 25.

Your recruiter was Army and was talking ****. Don't tell me you've been taking what he said as gospel for the past 15 years

Comment

Working...
                                X