Mark Williams of Tea Party movement and NAACP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrFun View Post
    So no one here wants to have a discussion about race issues.
    What is there to discuss here? A member of one group does a pedestrian job satirizing a second group which has made recent news for attacking his group. The usual suspects cry racism. End of story.

On the only worthwhile issue in this thread, I pretty much agree with KH. I like both DaShi and Kuci, too. HC's fine but suffers a bit from the stage of life he's in. He'll grow out of it, like most of us did. Oh, and: Solomwi . I agree with him on that, too.
    Solomwi is very wise. - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

So no one here wants to have a discussion about race issues.
      That isn't what this is about. Race was just the tool most readily at hand.
      I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

precisely. It's a vehicle for liberal politics, not a black rights group. It no longer an organization for promoting equality.
        If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
        ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
          We're pretty much all honkies here.
          Before your time but we actually used to have 3-5 posters here who were Black. I say 3-5 because I don't remember if Pax and Carter were Black or not.

Of course, the racial identity of posters rarely comes up so who really knows anyway. We've had some bizarre disproportionalities before (ie- a crapload of Finns) so who knows if we have a large but not vocal minority in our midst. Maybe half the posters here are Filipino women brought here by Lancer?
          "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

If I'm thinking about the same guy, Pax used to go out of his way to remind everybody of his blackness.

Comment

Wait, isn't Drake black?

Comment

The one complaint I have about all of this is that the NAACP's *****ing about the Tea Party gives them some air of legitimacy. I really want to grow a handlebar mustache and go to my local chapter's open mic night and talk all about how, "Homos are sexual and they keep trying to tax us into paying for their sin etc. etc." and see how many idiots I can find.
                Lysistrata: It comes down to this: Only we women can save Greece.
                Kalonike: Only we women? Poor Greece!

Comment

The tea party is not really racist. There are idiots in the tea party who are. (SURPRISE. Douchebags exist in a political movement. No way.)

Comment

Originally posted by Solomwi View Post
                    If I'm thinking about the same guy, Pax used to go out of his way to remind everybody of his blackness.
                    I don't know. That might have been Carver. Or possibly the guy I brought here, El.

Then again, who knows if anyone is real and not Asher's DL?

Wasn't Chegitz' woman, bunnygrrl, black?

EDIT: It was Carver. My bad. Carver not Carter. And yeah, Solomwi, I think Carver was who you were thinking of.

His last post he went crazy on MtG over some Aunt Jemima thing.
                    Last edited by Al B. Sure!; July 18, 2010, 18:04.
                    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

I think Pax changed his name from Pax Africanus, complete with a new thread explaining that he realized he could relate to the board as a man, rather than as a black man, or something like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                        The tea party is not really racist. There are idiots in the tea party who are. (SURPRISE. Douchebags exist in a political movement. No way.)
                        As I understand it from watching a frustratingly brief CNN interview (which ones aren't though?), the NAACP's complaint was not that the Tea Party is a racist organization (pointy hats etc.), but that they tacitly condone the racism in their ranks by letting it slide.

Edit: There was also that gay mexican republican guy who was super easy to bait into arguments. Remember he used to post a thread when he got a new haircut etc.?

Edit2: It was Giancarlo I think.
                        Lysistrata: It comes down to this: Only we women can save Greece.
                        Kalonike: Only we women? Poor Greece!

Comment

Giancarlo/Fez has a whole bigger backstory that someone who joined in 2004 like you, bipolarbear, have NO IDEA about!

Solomwi:

Yeah. Here's the Pax Africanus name change thread:

I don't recall Pax being all that vocal though. Carver was the nuttier one. He went ape**** on MtG about some Aunt Jemima joke and looks like that was his last post here:

Listen you dumb, ignorant piece of ****, someone complaining about an image rooted in racism doesn't mean they believe they are being oppressed by evil whites. It means they're offended by image rooted in racism. You're white so you like having things like SNL, Mad TV and the label in question to pay you your "phycological wage" (to quote W.E.B. DuBois) of being white and feeling superior. People have a right to speak when something offends them.

So **** you and the racist caricature you used in the above qoute to show what an ignorant dumbass you are.
                          Kind of funny that that outburst was considered so extreme back then and ban-worthy but now, people say a lot worse and it doesn't cause anyone to blink.

The guy I brought here El stopped posting because he said that Apolyton was racist as hell. Looking at old posts, looks like Pax initially had the idea but changed his mind:

It's very complicated and I'm also embarassed to admit my feelings.
                          I stereotyped the people on this site based on my experiences with white people to date.
                          I made the assumption that most people here were probably right wing fanatic caucasian Imperialist pigs.
                          I assumed that most people in this forum had negative stereotypes of blacks.
                          I thought that by wearing my color basically on my sleave I would challenge your preconceived notions about blacks. I realize that in reality many of my preconceived notions needed to be challenged.
                          So I came to feel that only half of my login name really represents me. The part that I feel is the desire for all men regardless of race, religion, sex, gender, and etc. Should be able to live together in peace and prosperity.

Comment

Originally posted by bipolarbear View Post
                            As I understand it from watching a frustratingly brief CNN interview (which ones aren't though?), the NAACP's complaint was not that the Tea Party is a racist organization (pointy hats etc.), but that they tacitly condone the racism in their ranks by letting it slide.
                            Yea, and that is a good point. While yes, racists do exist everywhere, they do seem to be particularly attracted to the tea party crowd. Which is unfortunate, because they have some good points. But the NAACP is right, they are overrun with vocal racists and no one is repudiating them.
                            Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

The Tea Party has expelled Mark Williams.
                              A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

The Tea Party has expelled Mark Williams.
                                Good.
                                Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Working...
                                X