No announcement yet.

Mark Williams of Tea Party movement and NAACP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Albert, you need to understand that I rate you among the lower half of Apolyton even when it comes to discussing economics (something you should have at least some real understanding of).

When I deign to give you advice or offer an opinion, accept it and be grateful.
    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
    Stadtluft Macht Frei
    Killing it is the new killing it
    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Groups like the NAACP can fulfil a vital task in educating the public about racism--as long as they stick to that mission and nothing more. As long as there is the KKK, or for that matter other racist groups, there is a need for the NAACP or bodies like it. Of course there is no particular value to the NAACP in particular--it's not irreplaceable. But if the view is taken that it is a pro-democratic as opposed to non-partisan group then the logical solution is to support either a non-partisan or a republican version of the NAACP rather than to proclaim that groups educating the public about racism are unnecessary.
      Last edited by Zevico; July 18, 2010, 23:45.
      "You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."--General Sir Charles James Napier

Comment

I got bored of the OP after 2 paragraphs. Is there any reason I should keep reading?

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker View Post
          I got bored of the OP after 2 paragraphs. Is there any reason I should keep reading?
          You would get bored, Mr. Northern Virginia rich boy. Probably owns an old plantation!

Actually the thread has had very little to do with whatever MrFun posted (I only half remember it as being something racist). Check out the Garofalo on Olbermann clip or transcript to get your blood boiling
          "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by DanS View Post
            I think they are looking at this as protecting against the independents being swayed by the tea party. If they really understood where the movement was coming from, they would see it as a much bigger threat to the GOP establishment and just sit back and relax.
            I think that might have worked if your average independant, even if they don't like the Tea Party, were prone to believe that the Tea Party was overtly racist as an organization. Its obvious they don't think it is based on racism, and thus they will recognize this as a huge strawman on the part of the left.

It is basically insulting the intelligence of the independants, and will have the opposite reaction than wanted. I bet there is a large swath of lefties rolling their eyes at this too.
            "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Uh guys, republicans are actually littorally stupider.

The Real Difference Between Liberals And Conservatives

Only 6 Percent of Scientists Are Republican

Lysistrata: It comes down to this: Only we women can save Greece.
              Kalonike: Only we women? Poor Greece!

Comment

Originally posted by bipolarbear View Post
                That's because smart conservatives don't become scientists... they go to wall street.

(I don't want to hear it, KH! )
                "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

So says the Huffington Post? Who cares?
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                  "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                  He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Oops, I guess I did forget about that! Let me give you a little hint though Sloww. Online, that little winky guy ( ) is often used to indicate sarcasm.

Comment

Oops, I guess I did forget about that! Let me give you a little hint though Sloww. Online, that little winky guy ( ) is often used to indicate sarcasm.
                      So were you just being sarcastic right there?

I think this is better for being sarcastic...

I take more as I'm just joshing with you.

For example...

KrazyHorse's wife is such a hot dominatrix

Joshing with him.

KrazyHorse's wife is a such a hot dominatrix

Sure she is... yeah right.

Comment

Uh guys, republicans are actually littorally stupider.
                        Do they become smarter once you drag them down into the abyss? Or do they merely die from the intense pressure, cold and lack of air?

AS, there are plenty of books calling liberals stupid or mentally ill. For starters, I seem to recall one called "Liberalism is a mental disorder" by a guy named Savage. Apparently he's a radio host or something. Then there's Ann Coulter's usual spew. I generally ignore the venom regardless of source or direction, and suggest you do likewise.
                        1011 1100
                        Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

No. They are more stupider by the shore as well. Bush era deregulation of the market allowed Sally's Sea Shells LLC to rack up billions in debt and then hide it from investors and regulatory commissions.
                          Last edited by bipolarbear; July 19, 2010, 09:15.

Comment

...snarky answers just don't work if nobody understands the snark, do they?

1011 1100
                            Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

I once updated my Facebook status to say, "I'm littorally at the beach right now!" and everybody just complained that I didn't invite them.

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                                So were you just being sarcastic right there?

I think this is better for being sarcastic...

I take more as I'm just joshing with you.

For example...

KrazyHorse's wife is such a hot dominatrix

Joshing with him.

KrazyHorse's wife is a such a hot dominatrix

Sure she is... yeah right.
                                Welcome to ignore, you stupid piece of ****.
                                12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                                Stadtluft Macht Frei
                                Killing it is the new killing it
                                Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Working...
                                X