No announcement yet.

Mark Williams of Tea Party movement and NAACP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The tea party cannot expel Mark Williams. It's not an organization.
    I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Just like Gays can't expel MrFun? That is to say, they would like to, but they're incapable.
      Right?

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

DanS:

Some federation of tea party groups did. Regardless, looks like a large segment of tea party people aren't too fond of this Mark Williams.
        "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

This Mark Williams? How many are there?
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
            This Mark Williams? How many are there?
            According to wikipedia, there's a number of Mark Williamses. He's just the only douche.

I said 'this' because I knew nothing of who he was until MrFun posted this thread. People do that you know. Like if you don't know who someone is, you say, "this ____"
            "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

I know, I know! JEEZ!

Comment

Originally posted by bipolarbear View Post
                As I understand it from watching a frustratingly brief CNN interview (which ones aren't though?), the NAACP's complaint was not that the Tea Party is a racist organization (pointy hats etc.), but that they tacitly condone the racism in their ranks by letting it slide.

Edit: There was also that gay mexican republican guy who was super easy to bait into arguments. Remember he used to post a thread when he got a new haircut etc.?

Edit2: It was Giancarlo I think.
                There is no practical difference between the accusation that they let racism slide and that they are racist.

It's not a central organization. You can identify with "tea party" without anyone saying, no, you can't join because you think black people should drink at different water fountains. The phenomenon we are seeing is that many radical conservatives identify with a conservative movement (SURPRISE!). You discredit a huge movement because a few of its vocal members are idiots so the press goes around calling them teabaggers and pretending their opinions couldn't possibly make sense because they have racists in their ranks. Well okay then, liberals don't make any sense because they have truthers in their ranks. That fair?
                If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                ){ :|:& };:

Comment

What really irks me is the condescending pseudo-intellectualism of liberals... Keith Olbermann, Bill Maher, Rachel Maddows... they all do the same thing. They denigrate their political opponents by saying they suffer from mental or psychological ailments to explain their so 'wrong and dumb' beliefs... things like Stockholm Syndrome.

Yes, because you liberals are so smart and intelligent and learned and anyone who disagrees with you is either maliciously evil, racist, and selfish or suffers from mental deficiencies. Their brain is structured wrong and is smaller!

Can anyone tell me any examples of the Right doing this? Saying that liberals are intellectually inferior?

MSNBC is like watching KrazyHorse or Drake Tungsten
                  Last edited by Al B. Sure!; July 18, 2010, 22:35.

Comment

If you don't feel like watching the video, check out some clips from the transcript:

GAROFALO: ... You tell them the truth and they become -- it's like showing Frankenstein's monster fire. They become confused, and angry and highly volatile. That guy, causing them feelings they don't know, because their limbic brain, we've discussed this before, the limbic brain inside a right-winger or Republican or conservative or your average white power activist, the limbic brain is much larger in their head space than in a reasonable person, and it's pushing against the frontal lobe. So their synapses are misfiring. Is Bernie Goldberg listening?

OLBERMANN: Russ.

GAROFALO: Because Bernie might not have heard this when I said this the first time. So, Bernie, this is for you. It is a neurological problem we're dealing with.
                    or how about this with regards to minority Tea Party supporters? Because if a Black person escapes the Liberal Plantation, they must have a psychological disorder!

But these people, all white for the most part, unless there's some people with Stockholm syndrome there.
                    To sum up the Liberal idea that conservatives are intellectually inferior:

True, and Fox News loves to foment this anti-intellectualism because that's their bread and butter. If you have a cerebral electorate, Fox news goes down the toilet, very, very fast.

Comment

NO no no no. Keith Olberman is legitimately crazy, whereas KrazyHorse is Krazy, which is awesome because it starts with a K

Olberman grasps basic economics about as well as my 6 year old neighbor who thought we should do away with money because it makes life unfair.

Comment

Fox News hate is so overblown. It may be one of the less reputable news stations but MSNBC is several levels above fox in terms of journalistic absurdity.

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                          NO no no no. Keith Olberman is legitimately crazy, whereas KrazyHorse is Krazy, which is awesome because it starts with a K

Olberman grasps basic economics about as well as my 6 year old neighbor who thought we should do away with money because it makes life unfair.
                          I was referring to the fact that KH constantly denigrates and insults the intelligence of people who disagree with him more than actually debate. He does it to me all the time but I've seen him do it to others as well such as Gepap.

Maybe I'm crazy but I don't see the purpose of insults in political discourse.

Comment

yes but KH is funny when he does it and he doesn't have any sort of journalistic responsibility.

Comment

I'm wondering where the firestorm of controversy is over Garofalo's comments. I find them extremely offensive; almost as offensive as Mark Williams.

But it's quite common. Keith Olbermann and Bill Maher have made a career out of doing the same thing. This whole condescending smarty-pants attitude they have

Comment

I've also demonstrated my intellectual superiority to the people in question on numerous occasions.

I don't have to "debate" people every time they post something retarded. It suffices to do so on rare occasions, then ridicule them on the rest.
                                12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                                Stadtluft Macht Frei
                                Killing it is the new killing it
                                Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Working...
                                X