Inception

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inception

A new sci-fi movie by Christopher Nolan, the guy who made Memento and the two last Batman movies. Sounds pretty good. I think I'll go see it tonight. The air-conditioning will also be nice. **** its hot...

Dom Cobb (Leonardo DiCaprio) is a thief with the rare ability to enter people's dreams and steal their secrets from their subconscious. His skill has made him a hot commodity in the world of corporate espionage but has also cost him everything he loves. Cobb gets a chance at redemption when he is offered a seemingly impossible task: Plant an idea in someone's mind. If he succeeds, it will be the perfect crime, but a dangerous enemy anticipates Cobb's every move.

Last edited by Nostromo; July 17, 2010, 11:13.
    Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

If you were Russian, you'd be dead now.
    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Meh...Boring movie And I think the bastards turned-off the air-conditioning. I couldn't wait to get the hell out.

DaShi, I have no idea what you're talking about.
      Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

Who ever does?
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

He's talking about how Russians can't handle 90 degree heat
          If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
          ){ :|:& };:

Comment

OK, so 1 person understands him. Big whoop.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Wrong again Slowwy, I also understood it.
              “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Sorry Slow, but I understood him as well.
                "

Comment

This movie kicked about 87 different types of ass. It was ****ing amazing. I absolutely can not recommend it highly enough.

Christopher Nolan appears to be genetically incapable of making a movie that is anything less than terrific.
                  "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                  "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Yes. This was the best movie I have seen in years. Everyone should go catch it right away. Somehow it's the most Philip K. Dick movie made, yet PKD had nothing to do with it save for maybe inspiration. It's also more coherent than PKD, in fact it's amazingly coherent considering the plot. It's credit to Nolan that he has been able to create an enjoyable, engaging and easily comprehensible story out of such a premise. It would have been very easy to screw up.
                    Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Great movie, recommending it highly

Easily kicks ass of movies pretending to be good such as Matrix with its pseudo-philosophy. Inception is easily better, stronger, and just kicks butts. It has room for improvement, few things could have been left out IMO, but still I enjoyed it and my SO enjoyed it and I bet anyone who is not Hitler will enjoy it.
                      In da butt.
                      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                      THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                      "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Awesome movie
                        Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DaveDaDouche
                        Read my seldom updated blog where I talk to myself: http://davedadouche.blogspot.com/

Comment

Great movie, so long as you don't buy into the idea that it has some ponderously deep meaning. It's just a lot of fun.
                          Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

This movie kicked about 87 different types of ass. It was ****ing amazing. I absolutely can not recommend it highly enough.
                            Saves me the trouble of posting it. I saw it yesterday and I loved it.

I was waiting for the part where Dicaprio wakes up from the highest level and his wife is alive with him, and all of the adventures that he had were just a dream.
                            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Enjoyable. A tad predictable but not overly so. A nice combination of Oceans 10 and Matrix.
                              "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Working...
                              X