No announcement yet.

Sarah Palin: Smoking Pot Is No Big Deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You're high if you don't think that being high on weed doesn't lower your reaction time or impair your psychomotor skills. Go get a stoner and play basketball with him.
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Then again, try playing football with Ricky Williams and see how you do
      Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DaveDaDouche
      Read my seldom updated blog where I talk to myself: http://davedadouche.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by David Floyd View Post

Ricky is the exception to the rule.

And who knows if he actually played high. He might not.

He's also an example of how weed can be addictive. That man can't lay off the stuff even when his habit was costing him millions!
        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

That's true to different degrees for many pot smokers.

I know some who consider it more important to get home to smoke their pot than it is to seal the deal and get laid. I consider them idiots. But hey, they should be allowed to make that dumb choice if they want.
          Read my seldom updated blog where I talk to myself: http://davedadouche.blogspot.com/

Comment

That's true to different degrees for many pot smokers.

I know some who consider it more important to get home to smoke their pot than it is to seal the deal and get laid. I consider them idiots. But hey, they should be allowed to make that dumb choice if they want.
            Funny... I know a 21 year old woman with three kids who thinks it more important to use the money she gets from selling food stamps to buy weed (and other drugs) than it is to spend on her children.

I guess she is allowed to make that dumb choice if she wants.

Comment

Uh, no, she isn't, and you know that's a stupid argument. Replace "pot" with "alcohol" (you know, a legal substance). Is she then allowed to neglect her children so that she can get drunk. No.

Dumbass.

Comment

Alcohol prohibition

Comment

Fine, how 'bout the mother who spends all her money on expensive jewelry, clothes, shoes and purses rather than on providing for her children? Seriously, I can do this all day.

Or, we can just agree that the criminal act is child abuse/neglect, and punish THAT as harshly as possible

Comment

My position is simple: it's my business what I put inside my body. Be it a penis of plastic nature, pot, beer, pizza, fecal matter, the government should not have a say on it. If I die from it, so be it. It's MY problem.

Yes, my family might be upset about it, but then again, it's not the job of the government to fix their emotional state if I like to drink piss or smoke pot.

That said, I'm drug free, alcohol free (mostly, averaging on a six pack of beer per year, a bit more red wine though), and cigarette free. But damn it if someone wants to insert anything into their bodies, they can do it and I will support them doing it.
                    In da butt.
                    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

• My position is simple: it's my business what I put inside my body. Be it a penis of plastic nature, pot, beer, pizza, fecal matter, the government should not have a say on it. If I die from it, so be it. It's MY problem.
                      So you believe treatment centres should not receive government funding either?

What about the increase in property crimes associated with drug abuse?

It's a nice fiction that what you put into your body is nobody else's business, but unfortunately drug addiction has large collateral damage.
                      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• As for the issue of dealing to minors, that's just an emotionally charged issue that people like idiot mothers use instead of a real argument. Hello? We don't allow cigarettes, alcohol, and M-rated games to be sold to minors, right? So without getting into the issue of "what's the right age?", let's just stipulate that the same rules that apply to cigarettes should apply to drugs. Or, if you prefer, alcohol - although the 21 rule is seriously idiotic, but that's a different argument.
                        I'm fine with that, but it's not just an 'emotionally charged' issue. The earlier someone starts using, the harder it is to get them to quit. This is why some scumbag dealers target kids.
                        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                          You're high if you don't think that being high on weed doesn't lower your reaction time or impair your psychomotor skills. Go get a stoner and play basketball with him.
                          Driving a car aint basketball, or golf...and like I said, I play golf about the same with or w/o pot and/or a moderate to ~heavy dose of booze. Its not about being "high", its about being familiar with the drug and how it effects you. Pot is not a problem, at least for me... And back in my day I played plenty of basketball "high" and did just fine, ty Actually you should be griping about kids playing basketball, my knees are kinda messed up after a ~decade of pounding concrete courts.

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                          What about the increase in property crimes associated with drug abuse?
                          Property crime escalates when the cost of the drugs increase - one goal of prohibition is to make the cost of drugs "prohibitive". The person willing to steal for drugs will have to steal more because of the drug war... But why are you trying to justify punishing millions of people because a tiny percent steal for drugs? If you're gonna support prohibition, can you at least link us to stats showing it's successes? Like maybe, the large decline in over all drug use.

It would at least be nice to know prohibition is actually reducing consumption or something. Right now the evidence shows how Nixon's war on pot led to the cocaine wars of the 70s and 80s. Better yet, I'd like supporters of prohibition to look up homicide rates for the 20th century and explain why they doubled during drug wars. I'd link it but I'm old and tired and worn out from a hectic golf schedule.

It's a nice fiction that what you put into your body is nobody else's business, but unfortunately drug addiction has large collateral damage.
                          By your argument, if you're wrong and prohibition makes us worse off, you are causing collateral damage. Thousands more are dead because of prohibition, it makes society more violent and that leads to more govt encroachment into our lives. NRA members who support the drug war are shooting the movement in the foot, as drug war violence escalates the call for more gun control is heard. This is how liberals and conservatives have chewed away at our freedoms either directly or indirectly.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                            If it's merely decriminalized, taxes are lost. It needs to legal.

Comment

• I'm fine with that, but it's not just an 'emotionally charged' issue. The earlier someone starts using, the harder it is to get them to quit. This is why some scumbag dealers target kids.
                              But it is emotionally charged. There are already laws against selling alcohol to minors. The fact that minors try to find ways to buy alcohol isn't a reason to ban alcohol. Ditto with drugs.

Comment

• If you're not going to enforce a law, rescind it. If law enforcement agencies can decide which laws can be ignored, then why shouldn't citizens? What's worse is arbitrary enforcement. People lose respect for authority when it's not consistent.
                                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                                X