Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is anyone here unfortunate enough to be an Asian American?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Heraclitus View Post
    The average East Asian is likley to have a higher income than the average White, he is also much more likley to have a PhD and he is less likley to commit a crime.
    So its just all affirmative action to address these inequities. We all know that white people were oppressed and held down by their east Asian overlords

Seriously though-- IF east asians as a group are doings so well, its hard to give a rats ass about some numbers indicating that they are being hurt as a group.
    You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Originally posted by C0ckney View Post
      albert, do you want to clarify this incredibly racist statement?
      What this wasn't sufficient for you?

I wonder how much of that is because what I said earlier that Asians tend to make crappy 'people'. I know it's a stereotype but there's enough truth in it and it may actually affect applicants. Colleges look at other things besides SAT scores and high school grades; they want to see a complete person who was involved in activities and who can sell themselves in an essay. It's obviously not always true but there are a lot of Asian kids that are lacking in these areas.
      "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by Flubber View Post
        Seriously though-- IF east asians as a group are doings so well, its hard to give a rats ass about some numbers indicating that they are being hurt as a group.
        They do as a group do so well (they also have lower STD rates and generally live longer than Whites and Blacks, ect.).

But let me ask you right now, what happened to not punishing succes because of spite? Why should we ignore presonal merit of a individual and treat him unfairly just because of his ethnicity?
        Last edited by Heraclitus; July 16, 2010, 07:14.
        Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
        The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
        The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
          Asians

I mean really? Can we all agree on this one?

slanty-eyed, side-ways vagina, peeing in cokes... who needs them?
          My daughter and I disagree with you whole-heartedly.
          I'm consitently stupid- Japher
          I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Originally posted by Theben View Post
            My daughter and I disagree with you whole-heartedly.

Don't do this. It was obviously a joke. Peeing in cokes, come on? You believe that?
            "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

What this wasn't sufficient for you?
              no it wasn't, you racist c*nt.
              "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

I may be rude in brashly stating inconveinent facts and I am probably even more known for considering explanations , which many consider to be unkind, for the behaviour and success (or lack of thereof) of some social groups (women, some racial groups, the poor, ect.).

But I don't recall ever calling *any* of them bad people. And indeed I don't think they are. Perhaps you wanted to say East Asians have somewhat poorer people skills, but that dosen't really matter. I think you should apologize since saying some group of people make "crappy people" is indeed nearly universaly understood as a value judgmenet. A very negative one at that.

If you meant it as a value judgement, which I think and hope you didn't, **** you. That's really really wrong. Remember I get pissed of by ***** who implicitly equate inteligence with value as a human being and they probably don't even think those things through.
                Last edited by Heraclitus; July 16, 2010, 19:08.
                Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
                The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
                The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Now to get back on topic. I find it odd no one here has pointed out that the nebolus category of "Asians" and "Whites" as used by the US goverment has plently of depriviliged groups. To top it all off there are plenty of groups in there that don't boast the IQ's usually associated with these categories.

What about the Asian kids who come from groups for which "the model minority" is indeed a myth? Why screw them over?

Sure there are options. Filipinos can classify as Hispanic, and Mixed Asian-White kids can classify themselves as White. What about for example the Hmong? Also what about Pakistanis and Iranians or perhaps Egyptians? Why are they punished? At the end of the day the poor *native* Whites get screwed in the system also (remember some regions in Apalachia have White IQ averages in the 90's)?

If you are determined to hate succesfull groups, why not at least be equally generous to all the unsucessfull ones?

I find it disenhartening that no one here seriusly thinks these things can be profoundly unfair to many individuals trying to climb the social ladder. I don't belive in stoping those who try and make their lot in life better.
                  Last edited by Heraclitus; July 16, 2010, 19:20.

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post

Don't do this. It was obviously a joke. Peeing in cokes, come on? You believe that?
                    I gathered it was a joke. I'm just reminding people that sometimes the internet is read by more than just white males.
                    I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                    I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

I may be rude in brashly stating inconveinent facts and I am probably even more known for considering explanations , which many consider to be unkind, for the behaviour and success (or lack of thereof) of some social groups (women, some racial groups, the poor, ect.).
                      Your view of yourself is wholly inaccurate.
                      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

If you meant it as a value judgement, which I think and hope you didn't, **** you. That's really really wrong. Remember I get pissed of by ***** who implicitly equate inteligence with value as a human being and they probably don't even think those things through.
                        Oh and , you've done this plenty of times! Go back and read some of your threads and think things through.
                        “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by Theben View Post
                          I gathered it was a joke. I'm just reminding people that sometimes the internet is read by more than just white males.
                          Oh please, if it's anyone who can take some gentle teasing, it's the Asians.
                          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Look even this smiley is a racist stereotype about Asians (it just needs to be yellow):

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi View Post
                              Your view of yourself is wholly inaccurate.
                              I state things like "50% of all crime is commited by 5% of all families"(true BTW). I also talk about things like the IQ gap between Jews and Gentile Whites.

These things are facts. How people expain them is different. Some people might say that Jews for example are God's chosen people and have been blessed with higer inteligence, others might put natural selection due to talmudic study and mercantlie endevaours, still others might point to the high average wealth of the Jews and the high value they place on the intelect as being the environmental reason for their higher inteligence.

Some people may view my arguing against the blank slate hypothesis as unkind to for example Women or Blacks. Some might also find my support of eugenics distastefull.

I also do prefer my own people do well, this isn't anything special, tribalism or taking care of your extended family is perfectly natural.

I don't know how you see me, so please enlighten me. I have a hunch you'll drag up shaming lanugage, but so be it. I'm feeling generous today so here is a chance to make a post of some value and try not being a annoying uninspiring stalker ******** you seem to be in all my threads.

Originally posted by DaShi View Post
                              Oh and , you've done this plenty of times! Go back and read some of your threads and think things through.
                              No I haven't.

I do think we should encourage selection in people for greater inteligence because of pragmatic reasons (lower crime rates, higher standard of living, easier to help the public make informed decisions by themselves instead of relying on the elites, longer life span, ect.). I also value knowledge in itself, however a high IQ dosen't nesecarily mean the individual is rational.

I also belive in meritocracy, the best person for the job should get it. I also belive in a weak version of the efficient market hypothesis.

I do not value or judge people according to their inteligence in a moral sense, all humans have the same basic dignity. Valuing someone as a person has nothing to do with their IQ or inteligence.

Comment

I state things like "50% of all crime is commited by 5% of all families"(true BTW). I also talk about things like the IQ gap between Jews and Gentile Whites.

These things are facts. How people expain them is different. Some people might say that Jews for example are God's chosen people and have been blessed with higer inteligence, others might put natural selection due to talmudic study and mercantlie endevaours, still others might point to the high average wealth of the Jews and the high value they place on the intelect as being the environmental reason for their higher inteligence.

Some people may view my arguing against the blank slate hypothesis as unkind to for example Women or Blacks. Some might also find my support of eugenics distastefull.

I also do prefer my own people do well, this isn't anything special, tribalism or taking care of your extended family is perfectly natural.

I don't know how you see me, so please enlighten me. I have a hunch you'll drag up shaming lanugage, but so be it. I'm feeling generous today so here is a chance to make a post of some value and try not being a annoying uninspiring stalker ******** you seem to be in all my threads.

No I haven't.

I do think we should encourage selection in people for greater inteligence because of pragmatic reasons (lower crime rates, higher standard of living, easier to help the public make informed decisions by themselves instead of relying on the elites, longer life span, ect.). I also value knowledge in itself, however a high IQ dosen't nesecarily mean the individual is rational.

I also belive in meritocracy, the best person for the job should get it. I also belive in a weak version of the efficient market hypothesis.

I do not value or judge people according to their inteligence in a moral sense, all humans have the same basic dignity. Valuing someone as a person has nothing to do with their IQ or inteligence.
                                Read the bold. The rest is self-delusional bull****. Also, you only read one side of an issue, lack any form of critical thinking where you blindly accept any information that you agree with and treat it as fact. That you think you are having an intellectual discussion is a joke. You may as well be Dinodoc or Oerdin on racism. These are the facts!
                                "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Working...
                                X