Was Thurgood Marshall a villain?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
    There's been some discussion about it. There's no constitutional requirement that the supreme court appointee be a lawyer.

All I am arguing is that there are plenty of liberal judges with more experience on the bench than Kagan.
    I, and others, think it is wise and healthy to have a non-judge on the court. It was intentional.
    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Kagan shouldn't sit on the court because she is ugly.

In a fair and just world the only ugly people with power would be men.

CASE CLOSED!
      Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
      The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
      The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Originally posted by Heraclitus View Post

CASE CLOSED!
        I know you're being facetious, but sadly I tend to think that in all seriousness. If you're going to appoint a chick to something involving so much public exposure, at least put her on a ****ing treadmill for a while first.
        Unbelievable!

Comment

I, and others, think it is wise and healthy to have a non-judge on the court. It was intentional.
          It took Nixon to go to China.

I know it's intentional. I think there would be better justices. If we use the same standard used for Alito and Roberts, Kagan is not as qualified.
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

If you can think of someone else you think Obama should have picked, name them.

Comment

Originally posted by Heraclitus View Post

CASE CLOSED!
              Powerful men like Paul Blart Mall cop.
              "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

If it weren't for the earrings, that is a man.
                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

If you can think of someone else you think Obama should have picked, name them.
                  I can come up with 10, all who have served or are currently serving as judges.

Leah Ward Sears, if he has to have another woman.

Diane P Wood

Merrick Garland

Ruben Castillo

Carlos Moreno

Sidney Thomas

Anne Williams

Margaret Mckeon

Johnnie Rawlinson

Kim Wardlaw

All have more credentials and experience than Kagan.
                  Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                  "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                  2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
                    If it weren't for the earrings, that is a man.
                    QFT :vomit:
                    If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                    ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Working...
                    X