time to pat me on my own back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• time to pat me on my own back

1 1/2 years ago, after finishing my doctoral thesis, I fell into one big ****ty post graduation depression due to some family stuff and my limited possibilities in my hometown in my field and the limited possibilities to leave it because of family.

I decided to make another formation as a high school teacher for History, Politics, Geography (and Basic Economics).
    Normal time frame: 10 semesters, including a Master thesis.
    Since I got offset most of the professional history classes and my thesis, 5-6 semesters would have been an appropriate plan to finish geography, politics, economy, pedagogics, and teaching methodology

Well, on July 19th, I have my final exam, after only 3 semesters - so far with honors, and I doubt that the final exam will change this.

In September I will start my year of probation while at the same time working on a project about a lost 17th century aristocratic library in Styria for the local History Institute.

So, time to pat me on my own back, as the title says.
    "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
    "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

good for you.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

excellent

Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
      GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Another teacher! Welcome to the fold. I hope you are happy that you switched!
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Well done, Werna!
          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

congrats
            A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

History majors are wastes of time and education.
              KH FOR OWNER!
              ASHER FOR CEO!!
              GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

good stuff wernazuma, hope you enjoy it mate.
                "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Glad to hear it, Wernazuma.
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                  "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                  He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Drake Tungsten is a waste of time and education
                    FTFY
                    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

That was already implied by my original, more general statement.
                      KH FOR OWNER!
                      ASHER FOR CEO!!
                      GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Congratulations! So 10 semesters, that's 5 years, a master. And you did it in 1.5 years? Impressive.
                        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                        I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                        Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Thanks everyone, and thanks also to Drake, I know that he loves me.

And Ben, my probational year will be at a Catholic school. I wonder what that makes of me, or of the Catholic school.
                          Yes, I am happy with my choice so far. I seem to have a natural authority and connect well with young people in the classroom.

Thanks also OFITG, you know the initial story better than anyone else here.
                          "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
                          "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Wernazuma III View Post
                              1 1/2 years ago, after finishing my doctoral thesis, I fell into one big ****ty post graduation depression due to some family stuff and my limited possibilities in my hometown in my field and the limited possibilities to leave it because of family.

I decided to make another formation as a high school teacher for History, Politics, Geography (and Basic Economics).
                              Normal time frame: 10 semesters, including a Master thesis.
                              Since I got offset most of the professional history classes and my thesis, 5-6 semesters would have been an appropriate plan to finish geography, politics, economy, pedagogics, and teaching methodology

Well, on July 19th, I have my final exam, after only 3 semesters - so far with honors, and I doubt that the final exam will change this.

In September I will start my year of probation while at the same time working on a project about a lost 17th century aristocratic library in Styria for the local History Institute.

So, time to pat me on my own back, as the title says.
                              Awesome news!

I remember you were going through a tough time back then, so it's nice to see that you've come through the other end successfully!
                              Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Working...
                              X