X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You've both been outed.
    Monkey!!!

Comment

I only pretend to be gay to get the chicks and the higher income.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

So do I mention the fact that she's been eyeing me? Do I go up to her and say "Hey, I noticed you looking over at me, my name's Alex" ?

Or not mention it at all?

Ah, I have no idea how to start talking to her. "Hey, what's up" just seems awkward and like I'm not really interested. Grrr. Yes, I'm over thinking this, but yes I'm also clueless at starting up small talk like this. Grr.
        Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

My good friend met his wife when she was a checker at a grocery store and he would buy his kegs for his kegerator there all the time. She made a comment about him buying beer there a lot and he said something like "yeah, well you know your welcome to join me whenever you're available." She was available that day! And now they are married with two kids... cute kids by the way, definitely take after their mom.

I think the best way is to buy something that would have her make a comment and then play off that. If she is checking you out/interested she will definitely comment, she's probably trying to figure out how to break the ice just as well.
          Monkey!!!

Comment

I don't know what has been said in this thread, but don't be concerned with bystanders seeing you.

Begin with short but funny comments and leave smiling. You'll eventually get to a longer conversation where you can ask her at what time her shift finishes.
            In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post
              Dude, just ask for her number/when she gets off. Women decide whether they're interested within the first 30 seconds just like men. Don't be creepy, be friendly, smile. If she says no there's probably not much you could have done.
              In a work context she probably doesn't want to be seen giving away her number so easily. He should be a bit more patient.
              In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

Originally posted by Japher View Post
                My good friend met his wife when she was a checker at a grocery store and he would buy his kegs for his kegerator there all the time. She made a comment about him buying beer there a lot and he said something like "yeah, well you know your welcome to join me whenever you're available." She was available that day! And now they are married with two kids... cute kids by the way, definitely take after their mom.

I think the best way is to buy something that would have her make a comment and then play off that. If she is checking you out/interested she will definitely comment, she's probably trying to figure out how to break the ice just as well.
                "I notice you buy a lot of frozen burritos and orange juice.."
                Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyKP View Post
                  So do I mention the fact that she's been eyeing me? Do I go up to her and say "Hey, I noticed you looking over at me, my name's Alex" ?

Or not mention it at all?

Ah, I have no idea how to start talking to her. "Hey, what's up" just seems awkward and like I'm not really interested. Grrr. Yes, I'm over thinking this, but yes I'm also clueless at starting up small talk like this. Grr.
                  Don't mention. It's understood. "Hey, what's up?" is a reasonable starter, actually. Since it appears you see her often, you can do this in bite-sized chunks. Just go down this list and see where it takes you.

1, "Hey, what's up?"
                  2. "How's it going today?"
                  3. "Nice to see you again. I'm Alex."
                  4. "When's your break? We should go out for lunch sometime."
                  5. "What do you like for breakfast?"
                  6. "Why don't we get drunk and screw?"
                  Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                  RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

What do you like for breakfast? That's not suggestive or anything. I guess it goes with the last suggestion?
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

"I've been staring at you all day and I can't help it. I just have to know the name of your hairdresser!
                      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                        What do you like for breakfast? That's not suggestive or anything. I guess it goes with the last suggestion?

It's called the Assumed Close and must be used very judiciously.
                        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

One night I was out at a bar with a friend and asked these two girls if they wanted to play pool. My friend was a lot like Ozzy. A nervous wreck. Asking them to play pool about did him in. When I asked them later in the evening if they wanted to go get breakfast, he almost fell apart. Actually, we did go to their place after going to eat.
                          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Alex, how can you be so good in the press and so hopeless saying hello? The incompetence of the typical single young Polymale continues to astound me. I dunno, maybe I'm just so old, I can't remember how bad it is to be young. Maybe it's because it was the 70s and 80s. But damn, I used to get laid all time -- a classic serial monogamist. There's really nothing to it.

Q: Is it generational, or are you people really this socially inept?

Comment

i dont understand why yall are so obsessed with this silly topic; wasting your time, money, and lives on those stressfull, hormonal, needy, grouchy and babypopping creatures known as "girls."

Girls just take away from my video-game time
                              Order of the Fly
                              Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Are you saying you're gay, AAHZ?
                                Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Working...
                                X