X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jon Miller View Post
    I sometimes wonder if I am the odd one.

JM
    Not on this-- I don't think it is unusual at all for a person to make a personal decision to only have sexual relations with someone with whom they feel a certain bond (and the level of bond or intimacy required is a personal decision). I don't see that as odd at all. But many other people will have lower to no standards.
    You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• Originally posted by Ogie Oglethorpe View Post
      QFT

That and of all places asking poly for help with girls
      While I am sure there are better places, poly is suited in that there are a number of people on here that were Civ or Alpha Centaui geeks and who have managed to find solid long lasting relationships etc etc.

IN my dateless times in my teens I was never successful as I NEVER TRIED. I was literally 0 for 0. I found though that if you have normal conversations and ask girls out, most are willing to give you a chance

IN other places you can find methods or lines or whatnot but much of it, I wager, would be around exhibiting confidence, whether or not you feel it. I just got to a mindset where I didn't really care that much if given girl A said yes or no. So because I didn't seem desperate and approached women as an equal to whom I was proposing something fun to do (instead of a supplicant praying she will grace me with a yes) most said yes.

I haven't dated in 14 years but I bet that a straightforward and honest approach still works .
      You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• Wow. Cool. Bonne chance, mon ami.
        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• say something simple and straight to the point. don't make it possible to be confused with friendship, but don't make it cheesey either.
          "hey, what are you doing after work? I'd like to take you out if you're not busy." add a wink and smile if it won't make your face look awkward.

advice from a girl.

Comment

• so did you snog her yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by b etor View Post
              say something simple and straight to the point. don't make it possible to be confused with friendship, but don't make it cheesey either.
              "hey, what are you doing after work? I'd like to take you out if you're not busy." add a wink and smile if it won't make your face look awkward.

advice from a girl.
              And then 2 days later when you call to set it up, she's all like, "I can't this weekend... I have plans". Then next weekend, the same deal. Then the next, she's no longer answering your calls, has unfriended you from facebook, and wants nothing to do with you.

Of course, when you run into her randomly weeks later, she's giggly and keeps staring at you.

Women
              "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
              "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                ){ :|:& };:

Comment

• What gets me is when the women initiate it and then run away a week later. Makes no sense.

Why they go along with it, giving the number and everything, then running away also makes no sense.

Why they send you pictures of them in lingerie and then run away makes negative sense it makes so much non-sense!

Now that I've slimmed down to 175lbs to improve my run times, I no longer attract women, though. It's fascinating how 190lbs at 6'1" is the magic threshold above which women stare at you, etc. Otherwise, you're too skinny to attract attention.

So I'm in 'do me-mode' now by necessity since I'm scrawny. I don't like it, though. While it never made a difference in getting a relationship, there's a certain cool feeling about walking into a room and noticing all the women looking. You don't get that at my current size.
                  "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                  "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• yet there's plenty of skiny guys out there getting laid...maybe it's something else you're missing...
                    "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

• It's almost as if we need a how-can-we-get-Al-laid thread or something.

Oh.

Comment

• well we haven't had one, or at least a thread with him bleating about his lack of success with women for at least, what, a week now.
                        "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                          And then 2 days later when you call to set it up, she's all like, "I can't this weekend... I have plans". Then next weekend, the same deal. Then the next, she's no longer answering your calls, has unfriended you from facebook, and wants nothing to do with you.

Of course, when you run into her randomly weeks later, she's giggly and keeps staring at you.

Women
                          She's giggling because she's laughing at you, Al. You did something so weird or stupid she decided to kick you to the curb.
                          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post

Women
                            Someone needs to dig up that FEMALES! photo again.
                            "You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."--General Sir Charles James Napier

Comment

• Originally posted by Oerdin View Post
                              You did something so weird or stupid she decided to kick you to the curb.
                              This.
                              Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                              Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                              We've got both kinds

Comment

• Well, in my opinion the best thing to do is to look into her eyes comfortably and smile with confidence (not arrogance, just be yourself) and introduce yourself. Say something nice about her. You like something about her, right? So unless it's just sex you're after, say what you're thinking. Filter it a little though.

Just be open and honest, look her in the eyes and smile, let your face do the talking. Girls like that. You know why? Because they've heard all kinds of crap pick up lines for their whole lives, and seen some creepy weirdos staring at them. Or some testosterone filled teenagers coming up with the biggest pile of BS ever. And lots of drunken pick up attempts.

Just like in most areas of life, look it in the eyes, smile, and be open and honest. It's nice, because it's something fresh and new. If it works, it'll really work. If not, then hey, at least you went for it and that's all YOU can do. You can only blame yourself for the things you didn't try, not so much the outcome, if you give it your best. You know what makes a person really thrive? When they get out of their comfort zone. Usually people just stay within that comfort zone, they might flirt a bit with the idea of pushing the limits but it rarely happens.
                                In da butt.
                                "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                                THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                                "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Working...
                                X