Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Christianity ruins families.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • MrFun
    replied
    Originally posted by Robert Plomp View Post
    There are more crazy debaters here, btw.
    The thing is that most of you guys agree most of the time with the guys Ben is debating with, and therefore you automaticly always consider Ben to be an idiot and his opponents to be pure sane. (little bit of black-white remark, I know )

    It's just two complete different worlds that can never touch, and both worlds never even try to touch by imagining how it would be to be the other guy.

    I often see where Ben's coming from, eventhough I disagree with him. (and sometimes I agree, but I would never admit that, b/c you'll all start to yell at me )
    I get the idea that many of his opponents don't even see where he comes from or what his point is.

    And there's of course always the thing that when someone is all by himself, he'll always start to shout louder.

    Anyway, I salute Ben's bravery for continueing to stand up for his opinions in the lion's den.
    You're right; I don't have sympathy or have a desire to get a feel of what it would be like, to be a bigot of any stripe. Whether the bigot is racist, homophobic, or something else.

    Leave a comment:


  • Robert
    replied
    He's just trying to defend his religion.
    It's as with my school when I was a teenager, when I was talking with my school-mates we all hated it, but when an outsider critisized the school I defended it. The school sucked though
    It's called: loyality. It's good that people have some loyality.
    But it's also good indeed to admit mistakes and wrongs, especially if they're very clear

    (that counts for all of you as well :P)

    Leave a comment:


  • BeBMan
    replied
    I loved the part where people debated the 'justification' of war and conquest in the middle ages. Let's remember that was when everyone regardless of religion bought into principles of modern intl law and enlightenend pacifism.

    Leave a comment:


  • Wezil
    replied
    Yeah, Bob is completely off the mark on this one.

    Leave a comment:


  • giblets
    replied
    Originally posted by Robert Plomp View Post
    Anyway, I salute Ben's bravery for continueing to stand up for his opinions in the lion's den.
    Bravery? He has nothing to lose because he's a sociopath who doesn't care what other people think about him. He just gets satisfaction out of twisting other people's words and withdrawing inside a fantasy world.

    Leave a comment:


  • Wezil
    replied
    Way to miss the point Plomp.

    Originally posted by dannubis View Post
    People don't shout at Ben for his believes. They shout at him for being a dishonest sack of ****.
    Exactly. I have no problem with people disagreeing with me. It is Ben's outright dishonesty that makes him useless as a poster.

    Leave a comment:


  • MikeH
    replied
    I normally shout at him for his beliefs, especially his homophobia.

    I don't really care about people being stupid or the honesty, it's the interweb, who's really honest anyway?

    Leave a comment:


  • rah
    replied
    Yep, and being an idiot doesn't help either.

    Leave a comment:


  • dannubis
    replied
    People don't shout at Ben for his believes. They shout at him for being a dishonest sack of ****.

    Leave a comment:


  • Robert
    replied
    There are more crazy debaters here, btw.
    The thing is that most of you guys agree most of the time with the guys Ben is debating with, and therefore you automaticly always consider Ben to be an idiot and his opponents to be pure sane. (little bit of black-white remark, I know )

    It's just two complete different worlds that can never touch, and both worlds never even try to touch by imagining how it would be to be the other guy.

    I often see where Ben's coming from, eventhough I disagree with him. (and sometimes I agree, but I would never admit that, b/c you'll all start to yell at me )
    I get the idea that many of his opponents don't even see where he comes from or what his point is.

    And there's of course always the thing that when someone is all by himself, he'll always start to shout louder.

    Anyway, I salute Ben's bravery for continueing to stand up for his opinions in the lion's den.

    Leave a comment:


  • dannubis
    replied
    Hey Ben ! Finally some legal action against your heroes ey ?

    Authorities raid the headquarters of the Belgian Catholic Church during an investigation into child sex abuse claims.


    I hope they manage to throw these bastards behind bars for a loooooong time.

    Leave a comment:


  • Elok
    replied
    But does it count as trolling if he actually believes in most, if not all, of it?

    Leave a comment:


  • MikeH
    replied
    He posts things so outrageous and offensive people feel they can't sit by and let them go unresponded.

    He's a mega-Troll.

    Leave a comment:


  • Elok
    replied
    That's the thing, BK appears to be a highly unusual creature. Normal fanatics are more like that mad Calvinist we had a couple of years back--Philosophiser, I think he called himself. All spit-flecked insanity, no patience or reasoning ability. Ben is much more cold-blooded and manipulative.

    Leave a comment:


  • rah
    replied
    Because he isn't alone. There are quite a few others in the US that spew the same type of hatred and idiocy that Ben does. Without Ben, I would normally believe that no one could be that stupid. But a few attempted discussions with Ben demonstrates just how wrong I can be. It's a good wake up call. Besides, he always keeps digging himself a deeper hole in such a way that it's actually entertaining.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X