Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Christianity ruins families.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Ming
    replied
    Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
    Oh you wanted proof? I figured that you just wanted people to say why they thought christianity was the best religion. Seriously Ming, are you just a joke now or what?
    Actually, anybodies that claims one religion is better than another (not counting silly cults) is a joke. There is NO PROOF that one is the true religion or that one is better than any other. It comes down to faith. Believe what you want, but don't expect others to simply agree based ONLY on your faith.

    If people want to say why it is their OPINION that christianity is the best, fine by me... but they can't prove it. And I'm sure Jews, and other religious people can say why their religions are the best... again, simply and ONLY OPINION.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ben Kenobi
    replied
    Please see Kid's POV on converts...
    I think he's wrong about this.

    So now you are a mind reader... and yeah, I do think Catholics are messed up when it comes to homosexuality.
    Then you don't believe that all religions are equal, or that some things are not objectively true, and that some religions are more right than others.

    So lets get rid of that notion altogether. You do believe that some religions have it right, and some have it wrong, you just disagree on the content of what is right and what is wrong.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ben Kenobi
    replied
    @ gribbler

    How is that relevant?

    more right

    Implies degrees.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ming
    replied
    Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
    You really believe this, Ming?
    Yep... because no religion has any PROOF beyond simple yet strong beliefs.

    Jon Miller's got it pegged. Why am I a convert? Because I believe that the Catholic church has it more right than anybody else. Otherwise, what's the point.
    Please see Kid's POV on converts...

    Personally, I think you believe that religions are not all equal and that some are better than others. Fr'instance, do you think the Episcopalians are more right than Catholics on homosexuality?
    So now you are a mind reader... and yeah, I do think Catholics are messed up when it comes to homosexuality.

    Leave a comment:


  • Kidlicious
    replied
    "In the 20th century, Christians have been persecuted by radical Muslim and Hindu groups inter alia due to conversion act conducted by Evangelicals, and by (officially) atheistic states such as the USSR and North Korea. Currently (as of 2010), as estimated by Open Doors UK, an estimated 100 million Christians face persecution, particularly in the Muslim world, North Korea and the hands of Hindu extremism in India, with a rising tendency."

    How about that from Wiki? I mean I could go on and show more evidence of religious persecution on Christians but I'm sure that Ming is just spouting a bunch of nonsense. He really doesn't know what he's talking about.

    Leave a comment:


  • giblets
    replied
    Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
    Personally, I think you believe that religions are not all equal and that some are better than others. Fr'instance, do you think the Episcopalians are more right than Catholics on homosexuality?
    Episcopalians aren't exactly homogeneous on homosexuality.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ben Kenobi
    replied
    So who is right and who is wrong... no religion has any better proof than any other.
    You really believe this, Ming?

    I do get religion, that is why the vast majority of religious people agree with my position and not yours.
    Jon Miller's got it pegged. Why am I a convert? Because I believe that the Catholic church has it more right than anybody else. Otherwise, what's the point.

    Personally, I think you believe that religions are not all equal and that some are better than others. Fr'instance, do you think the Episcopalians are more right than Catholics on homosexuality?

    Leave a comment:


  • Kidlicious
    replied
    Originally posted by Ming View Post
    Again folks... you have NO PROOF beyond faith that you are the best/true religion.
    Oh you wanted proof? I figured that you just wanted people to say why they thought christianity was the best religion. Seriously Ming, are you just a joke now or what?

    Leave a comment:


  • Ming
    replied
    Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
    You think? Are you an expert on religious persecution in the modern world? I don't think so. You are just spouting off a bunch of nonsense here. Christianity is the most persecuted religion in the world by far. How about some facts Ming?
    First... I'm NOT the one that originally brought up persecution... and the original poster mentioned no facts either... so you provide some or just cram it. And what defines "persecution"... is it death, torture... just being against the state laws... the Holocost... global hate...

    While sometimes people convert to other religions these are silly people who go from one religion to the next like the ancient Greeks. They don't really have faith since they are ready to abandon their religion as soon as something else comes along.
    Thanks for showing how stupid some christian was for pointing out that converts were a good measure for christians.

    Again folks... you have NO PROOF beyond faith that you are the best/true religion. And quess what, people of other religions think they are the best/true relgion, and they have no better proof than yours, simply their faith, which is ALL you have.

    Leave a comment:


  • Kidlicious
    replied
    Originally posted by OneFootInTheGrave View Post
    Why are people talking about faith like it is a good thing?


    "real" religion is based on personal experience, or lack thereof... the rest is "standard" religion which is belonging to a clan you were born in and that's that.

    "real" religious personal expirience exists, in all religions I assume, and the results of that experience is what counts. It hopefully drives people to be "better" human beings, most religons agree on some basic moral principles, like "do not murder", "do not commit adultery" etc... which is good, but organizations created around such ideals/experiences/interpretations of life, inevitably become self-serving and the whole point of the "religion" is lost. Chosing among the "standard" religions is just like chosing among wines, they all have similar effect, and if you take too much - it is not good for you or those around you, a rational dose can improve your life considerably though.
    What is a 'rational dose?' That doesn't sound like faith at all. Christianity, for one, is not for making better human beings. Human beings are what they are. Jesus said that evil desires come from their hearts. There's no hope for humanity without a relationship with God, and that means trusting in him completely in humility. Otherwise human beings will always be prone to evil no matter what kind of laws they create for themselves. As it says in the Bible the Law didn't have the power to save people from sin so Jesus came to teach a better way.

    Leave a comment:


  • Kidlicious
    replied
    Originally posted by Berzerker View Post
    So he didn't die for our sins? Who was Jesus talking to when he prayed?
    This is getting ridiculous. You know that Jesus died and rose on the third day. Everyone knows this even if they aren't Christians.

    Leave a comment:


  • Kidlicious
    replied
    Originally posted by Ming View Post
    I think there are a few other religions that might disagree with you on that point...
    You think? Are you an expert on religious persecution in the modern world? I don't think so. You are just spouting off a bunch of nonsense here. Christianity is the most persecuted religion in the world by far. How about some facts Ming?

    Leave a comment:


  • Kidlicious
    replied
    Originally posted by Ming View Post
    Hmmm.. since when is Christianity the only religion that has converts?
    And once again, Christianity isn't the ONLY faith.

    You are welcome to believe what you want, but other people feel the same about their religions. They feel you are the one that is misguided. So who is right and who is wrong... no religion has any better proof than any other.
    Since no religion has any proof at all.
    While sometimes people convert to other religions these are silly people who go from one religion to the next like the ancient Greeks. They don't really have faith since they are ready to abandon their religion as soon as something else comes along.

    Leave a comment:


  • Kidlicious
    replied
    Originally posted by Oncle Boris View Post
    Kid, you were a joke all those years?
    Is that suppose to mean, 'was I really a communist?' Yes I was. I've come to see the world and evil though, and there for no hope for it. It's burning down. That's not to say that I don't still do what I can to take care of it. It's just that ultimately I believe that the world is doomed.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ming
    replied
    Originally posted by OneFootInTheGrave View Post
    "real" religion is based on personal experience, or lack thereof... the rest is "standard" religion which is belonging to a clan you were born in and that's that.

    "real" religious personal expirience exists, in all religions I assume, and the results of that experience is what counts. It hopefully drives people to be "better" human beings, most religons agree on some basic moral principles, like "do not murder", "do not commit adultery" etc... which is good, but organizations created around such ideals/experiences/interpretations of life, inevitably become self-serving and the whole point of the "religion" is lost. Chosing among the "standard" religions is just like chosing among wines, they all have similar effect, and if you take too much - it is not good for you or those around you, a rational dose can improve your life considerably though.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X