How did you meet whomever you're with?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So sort of online dating then...

Actually, thinking about it, virtually all of my friends who have married recently met via online dating sites.
    Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

The old fashioned way... in a club.
      "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

dogging.
        "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Online, during a brief experiment in blogging. She commented on my blog, we started a vague friendship. I got Yahoo Instant Messenger just so I could talk with her in real time, and we got to know each other that way most nights for most of a year before I was FINALLY able to talk her into meeting in person (she lived in Boston, I was--and am--on MD's eastern shore).

Been married six months now.
          1011 1100
          Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Online is the shiznit
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Wezil View Post
              I met her in a club down in old Soho.
              Were you drinking champagne?
              12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
              Stadtluft Macht Frei
              Killing it is the new killing it
              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                I'd seen her for a long time, from time-to-time. I didn't know who she was or what she did for a living. She could have been a librarian. Imagine my surprise when I learned that she was a dominatrix wannabe. One day she left and on her departure, left me tied up here.
                I still harbor a small hope that she'll return soon and release me.
                Go **** yourself, you sad old piece of ****.
                Stadtluft Macht Frei
                Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer View Post

The lady and I have been married for nearly three years now, and we were dating for two years prior to that. And for a solid year prior to that, I got a significant string of quality tail, all thanks to match.com. You're apparently not doing it right.
                  To be fair, Guy, you probably put your occupation down as "pediatrician," which single women read as "high income, good with kids." Your success with Match.com may thus have been a liiiittle bit higher than the average...I say this in reference to the string of tail, of course, not implying anything about your wife.
                  1011 1100
                  Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post
                    Were you drinking champagne?

It tasted just like cherry cola.
                    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
                      To be fair, Guy, you probably put your occupation down as "pediatrician," which single women read as "high income, good with kids." Your success with Match.com may thus have been a liiiittle bit higher than the average...I say this in reference to the string of tail, of course, not implying anything about your wife.
                      If I was single again I'd take a page out of Imran's book and figure out which religion had the most hotties and convert to it to increase my chances!
                      Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
                        "pediatrician," which single women read as "high income, good with kids."
                        If only those single women were right.
                        "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                        "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

So you're still barred from going within 500 feet of any parks or schools?
                          Stadtluft Macht Frei
                          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

She was a flatmate of the top-rated law student in Wales. I was round there a lot, copying his work. We talked a few times. Then I bumped into her when I'd gone out clubbing on my own, absolutely stuffed to the gills with amphetamines. When she managed to briefly stop me jabbering utter nonsense, she stuck her tongue down my throat and 18 years later here we are.
                            The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

My wife was our group's secretary at my first job out of college. I didn't start dating her until after I had moved on to a different job. She invited me to her grade school reunion. Since we both went to Catholic grade schools I thought it would be entertaining. It finally dawned on me that she invited me in an attempt to impress her old school chums (yeah, go figure that) Our 25th wedding anniversary will be next year.
                              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Um, what is impressive about you in the first place?
                                A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Working...
                                X