Clear All

Is Galadh Italian or Indian?
    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
    Stadtluft Macht Frei
    Killing it is the new killing it
    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by Prince Asher View Post
      Why do so many Indians want to move to Texas?

I know a couple guys who started off in Texas before moving to Toronto. Is it masochism?
      Too many Western movies and the illusion to become rich by finding petrol in the backyard :-D

P.S.: I am Italian.
      The destination doesn't matter. What's important is the journey.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghaladh View Post
        Six years ago I already tried to move in the USA, for no serious reasons, I must say, so I already met the "barrier" you are speaking about. You are right.
        I know it will be hard, but I invite you to do not underestimate the Italian creativity ;-). I have friends, compatriots and contacts in the USA that will be able to help me in a way or another.
        Your friends and compatriots won't be able to do **** for you unless you plan on working illegally for them.

In which case, when you get caught you will be deported and barred from reentering the US for either 5 years or life. I'm not sure if this will also violate the terms of your girlfriend's visa or not.
        Stadtluft Macht Frei
        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Too many Western movies and the illusion to become rich by finding petrol in the backyard :-D

P.S.: I am Italian.

If you're Italian you should have connections.

You're obviously not Italian.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

If you're Italian you should have connections.

You're obviously not Italian.
            Ehy, I don't work for Mafia, if that's what you mean

Comment

Maybe you should. I hear it pays well.

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post
                Your friends and compatriots won't be able to do **** for you unless you plan on working illegally for them.

In which case, when you get caught you will be deported and barred from reentering the US for either 5 years or life. I'm not sure if this will also violate the terms of your girlfriend's visa or not.
                Surely "optimism" is not your virtue . I am not talking about nothing illegal, though.

Comment

Ehy, I don't work for Mafia, if that's what you mean
                  I assumed you were Indian because you wanted to work help desk.
                  "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

I assumed you were Indian because you wanted to work help desk.
                    That's another question... why the hell there are so many indians applying for help desk position? I noticed it even here in Switzerland and back in Italy

Comment

Indians just like to be helpful.

It has to do with their subservient castle nature...right aneeshm? Serving the master?

Comment

It's probably the religion. Buddhist afterlife is just like one giant Help Desk. Once you die, you get directed to a new life based on your current karma status.

Comment

Originally posted by Riesstiu IV View Post
                          It's probably the religion. Buddhist afterlife is just like one giant Help Desk. Once you die, you get directed to a new life based on your current karma status.
                          If it was like a giant help desk, you would find a lot of incompetents making you wait *ages* before the next reincarnation, trying to lay the fault of the mess on you and torturing your soul with a endless waiting music.

Comment

KH: Humoring him for a moment, what would the take-home pay be on $4,000?

Ghaladh: How long is the post-doc and what are you looking to rent: a house or an apartment?
                            I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

In TX? No idea. Also, Italy may have a tax treaty with the US on fellowships & grants (don't know this).
                              Stadtluft Macht Frei
                              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Federal taxes and SSI are the same in every state, aren't they? We don't have state tax.
                                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Working...
                                X