No announcement yet.

Rand Paul, Racism and 1965 Civil Rights Act

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ben Kenobi, go educate yourself on the contents of the civil rights act of 1964, because you are clearly ignorant on this subject.

Comment

The civil rights act of 1964 has absolutely nothing to do with welfare checks.
      Absolutely nothing, you say? You don't think it matters when you have people voting to enslave themselves? I guess it's ok if they vote the cheques for themselves eh? It doesn't hurt either when they tick that little "D" because you know they actuall care about you. Just make sure the bennies are in the mail.

And who says welfare checks cause bad parenting? That's bull****.
      People aren't stupid. If you punish them for working by giving them more in welfare, then they will go on welfare. If you give them incentives to collecting their welfare or extra benefits for being a single mom, that makes it that much more difficult to actually get married. The husband not only has to provide more than the welfare cheque, he also has to make up for the single mom subsidies too, before she'll even be square with where she is before.

If you're making minimum wage? Tough luck for you.

Aren't you Canadian? You know **** all about the US. Giving money to the poor and affirmative action are slavery? And worse then what black people were put through before the civil war?
      Yes, they are slavery. I'd argue they are worse, because they are an internal problem. For all the evils of slavery, black families had each other. It was an external oppression. This is different. For the majority of black people, they no longer have a mom and a dad, they have no memories of it being something different. What happens when everyone who is here today was born after 1968? When they think that this is not only normal, but it's the way it's always been?
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Ben Kenobi, parrot LBJ and agree with us or we'll play the racist card, despite being white honkey crackers ourselves.
        Uh huh. Sorry. Ain't doing it.
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
          At what cost?
          Virtually nothing. Seriously, it outlawed racial discrimination in public places and it didn't cost very much to do at all. It's a great law and a slam dunk in terms of success.
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin View Post
            Virtually nothing. Seriously, it outlawed racial discrimination in public places and it didn't cost very much to do at all. It's a great law and a slam dunk in terms of success.
            Ben doesn't actually know what it did. He seems to think it's welfare checks.

Comment

The Civil Rights Act DID grossly overstep federal power. There is just no way Congress should be able to legislate anti-discrimination when it comes to private enterprise. Let the market decide.
              Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DaveDaDouche
              Read my seldom updated blog where I talk to myself: http://davedadouche.blogspot.com/

Comment

Racial discrimination was already outlawed at a federal level.

Comment

Originally posted by David Floyd View Post
                  The Civil Rights Act DID grossly overstep federal power. There is just no way Congress should be able to legislate anti-discrimination when it comes to private enterprise. Let the market decide.
                  And when markets fail and just re-enforce inequality you think the job is done? That's retarded. It's terribly myopic to think that the majority opinion and preferences are egalitarian enough to enforce equality and that if true equality isn't provided by the masses, that's the preferable outcome.

Seriously, what sort of ethical calculus holds that the right to discriminate is more important than the right to not be discriminated against?
                  Last edited by MRT144; May 21, 2010, 16:36.
                  "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                  'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

It's terribly myopic to think that the majority opinion and preferences are egalitarian enough to enforce equality.
                    Jim Crow laws weren't passed by the markets, MRT.

One of the reasons why the South lost is because of their lack of industrial development, and lower population density. All consequences of slavery. Why do you think they wanted to arm the blacks? Because in the end they recognised that you can't win a war with one hand tied behind their backs.

The markets already destroyed the South. Had the markets prevailed, Jim Crow would never have been passed. The world would have been a very different place.

Comment

Jim Crow laws weren't passed by the markets, MRT.

One of the reasons why the South lost is because of their lack of industrial development, and lower population density. All consequences of slavery. Why do you think they wanted to arm the blacks? Because in the end they recognised that you can't win a war with one hand tied behind their backs.

The markets already destroyed the South. Had the markets prevailed, Jim Crow would never have been passed. The world would have been a very different place.
                      You're all sorts of stupid.
                      "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                      'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Why is some clueless Canadian trying to lecture everyone else on US history?

Comment

Because I've taken a history degree. Duh.

I love the US, a damn sight more than I do Canada.

Comment

Originally posted by David Floyd View Post
                            It's funny how you always make such statements yet ignore that the Supreme Court ruled Congress did have the right.

Comment

You should demand a refund.

Comment

And a lot good it has done for you.

Comment

Working...
                                X