No announcement yet.

Rand Paul, Racism and 1965 Civil Rights Act

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ben may want black people to go back to the way they were living in 1963, but he's not a white supremacist!

Ben, have you ever actually met a black person who thought things were better for black people 50 years ago?

Comment

Ben has never met a single black person.

Comment

Ben, have you ever actually met a black person who thought things were better for black people 50 years ago?
        Yep, sure have.

This is a column by Walter Williams. You'll notice his skin colour is rather more darker than mine.

In 1940, the illegitimacy rate among blacks was 19 percent, in 1960, 22 percent, and today, it's 70 percent.
        How on earth are they going to be able to accumulate wealth on a consistant basis, when 70 percent of black people don't even know the identity of their father?
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

teh civil rights act is not a "cluster****". Getting the same rights as white people doesn't cause illegitimacy. I doubt any black person wants the civil rights act repealed.

Comment

"oh I can vote and go to the same restaurants as white people, I'm going to go be a bad father now!" That doesn't make any sense.

Comment

teh civil rights act is not a "cluster****".
              Along with the rest of the 'Great Society', yes it is a cluster****. Replacing the black father with a welfare cheque has been the best form of slavery. Best of all, you can argue it's voluntary.

I doubt any black person wants the civil rights act repealed.
              Again, you'd be in disagreement with Walter Williams. Now how about we drop this pretence of 'racism' and take a hard look at the problems within black families in the US?

LBJ has been the greatest proponent of slavery in the 20th century. His Great Society has ensured that 3 generations of black people have been under worse slavery than they ever suffered previously, the tyranny of low expectations, of 'well-meaning' social programs, that ensure they never have to work and that they will never know prosperity.
              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

Originally Posted by Ben Kenobi
                The civil rights act may have been well intended, but it's been a cluster**** in terms of bringing prosperity to black people.

Black people are actually worse off since it's passage than they were before.

You're making that up, Ozzy. There is no way anyone believes that is true. Not even Ben.

Quit pulling my leg.
                "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Opposing the great society programs of LBJ and welfare is different from opposing the civil rights act.
                  Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                    The civil rights act may have been well intended, but it's been a cluster**** in terms of bringing prosperity to black people.
                    You dumbass. The goal of the Civil Rights Act wasn't to "bring prosperity to black people" and instead it was simply to outlaw outright racial discrimination in public places. It succeeded very well at that.
                    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
                      Originally Posted by Ben Kenobi

Black people are actually worse off since it's passage than they were before.

You're making that up, Ozzy. There is no way anyone believes that is true. Not even Ben.

Quit pulling my leg.
                      Sorry to disrupt the serenity of you ignore list folks.

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

bravo ben, bravo

Comment

Along with the rest of the 'Great Society', yes it is a cluster****. Replacing the black father with a welfare cheque has been the best form of slavery. Best of all, you can argue it's voluntary.
                          The civil rights act of 1964 has absolutely nothing to do with welfare checks. And who says welfare checks cause bad parenting? That's bull****.

Again, you'd be in disagreement with Walter Williams. Now how about we drop this pretence of 'racism' and take a hard look at the problems within black families in the US?
                          Where does he say to repeal the civil rights act of 1964? Where does he say it was a mistake?

LBJ has been the greatest proponent of slavery in the 20th century. His Great Society has ensured that 3 generations of black people have been under worse slavery than they ever suffered previously, the tyranny of low expectations, of 'well-meaning' social programs, that ensure they never have to work and that they will never know prosperity.
                          Aren't you Canadian? You know **** all about the US. Giving money to the poor and affirmative action are slavery? And worse then what black people were put through before the civil war?

Comment

Where does he say to repeal the civil rights act of 1964? Where does he say it was a mistake?
                            Yea, I read the article. He says today's problems in Black America shouldn't be blamed on Republicans. He says the great society programs were a big part of the problem. He DOESN'T say life was better 50 years ago nor does he say the civil rights act is to blame for anything.

Comment

You dumbass. The goal of the Civil Rights Act wasn't to "bring prosperity to black people" and instead it was simply to outlaw outright racial discrimination in public places. It succeeded very well at that.
                              At what cost? If Democrats had given a **** about those laws, why did they enact them in the first place?

I'd argue it could have been done without ramming that turd of legislation through the house. Thank God Kennedy died so that LBJ could ram whatever he wanted through. Full steam ahead and damn the consequences.

Comment

He DOESN'T say life was better 50 years ago nor does he say the civil rights act is to blame for
                                President Barack Obama won an unprecedented 96 percent of the black vote. That's not much of a news story since blacks typically give their votes to the Democratic candidate.

Before 1960, there were no anti-poverty programs or affirmative action programs that can explain an economic advance that exceeded any other 20-year interval.
                                This is the money quote.

In 1940, when blacks were politically impotent, their poverty rate was 87 percent. By 1960, before blacks achieved much political power, it fell to 47 percent. During that interval, in various skilled trades, the incomes of blacks relative to whites more than doubled.
                                And again.

The bottom line is there is very little evidence anywhere on the planet that political power is a necessary condition for economic power.
                                This again, is all from Walter Williams.

Comment

Working...
                                X