Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
    This is a good question.

Christianity teaches that sex is reserved for a man and a woman in marriage.
    Perhaps, but that wasn't how Jesus was conceived, so... Fornication aint evil.

Anything outside of this is detrimental to the health and wellbeing (both spritually, and physically) of the participants.
    Who said that? I think they got that wrong, the Middle East aint exactly full of spiritually and physically well-adjusted single men observing that law. On the contrary (and thank God for this), most people fornicate before marriage - some just to make sure they'll like having sex with their future spouse. How about slavery? Christianity could not even bring itself to call it evil, or condemn and prohibit the practice. But fornication is evil now? There are all sorts of things in life that are detrimental, from dangerous jobs to inhaling pollutants (check out those dietary laws to protect people from disease) - are these really in the realm of "evil"?

It's no different then teaching children about other destructive habits and how to engage in them, while at the same time dismissing the negatives.
    Sexual orientation aint a habit, and teaching children homosexuality is evil will not be of help to those children who are or become "gay". Some of them will kill themselves because Christians convinced them they are evil. What did Jesus say about leading children astray?

Comment

I don't think we really need to teach anyone how to be gay, but there is a lott of room for teaching kids tolerance....... and self-acceptance.
      "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
        There are many pathologies almost exclusively associated with sodomy.

I'm the only straight person I know who doesn't do butt sex.

ps. Sorry Asher, I'll try not to quote him in your threads.

Originally posted by Berzerker View Post
        Some of them will kill themselves because Christians convinced them they are evil. What did Jesus say about leading children astray?

I find this to be an excellent point.
        Last edited by Ecofarm; April 24, 2010, 17:41.
        Everybody knows...Democracy...One of Us Cannot be Wrong...War...Fanatics

Comment

Originally posted by Ecofarm View Post
          I'm the only straight person I know who doesn't do butt sex.
          I don't.
          "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Originally posted by Ecofarm View Post
            I find this to be an excellent point.
            And it's why it's being introduced early.

Kids are learning that 'gay' is an insult long before they find out what it actually means. It's the insular nature of the school system that helps breed a culture that is pretty much unmatched in homophobia in the Western world.

It's no secret that the suicide rate of gay kids in jr high/high school is the highest of any demographic (by a good margin). A big, big reason for this is the teachings of many religions (it's evil, sinful), and another is just the homophobic nature of kids who just don't understand. If children are taught to be respectful of all people, regardless of sexual identity or gender or race, at an age before they hit puberty, it'd go a long way to reducing the suicide rates of gay teens, IMO.
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I, too, am not into The Buttsex, though you don't exactly "know" me. Anyway, make a note of it. Never tried it, never want to. There's a much nicer hole next door.
              1011 1100
              Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
                There's a much nicer hole next door.
                Depends which attributes you are looking for in a place to stay.
                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

So you're on the lookout for ****ty places? (viz. Toronto)
                  In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

Originally posted by Oncle Boris View Post
                    YES, children do have a sexuality.
                    I wouldn't say it blanket like that. I had crushes as a child, but I sure as hell wouldn't call them sexual. This is assuming you're not going Freudian and interpreting the desire to defecate as a sexual urge.
                    1011 1100

Comment

Originally posted by Oncle Boris View Post
                      So you're on the lookout for ****ty places? (viz. Toronto)
                      Well played.

I was thinking more of a...cozier...place.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
                        Depends which attributes you are looking for in a place to stay.
                        Well, for starters, it automatically prepares itself for your visit, as opposed to requiring cleaning, and can be approached more easily from separate directions. Also, more durable, and the landlord is more easily persuaded to give you the key.
                        1011 1100

Comment

Well, for starters, it automatically prepares itself for your visit, as opposed to requiring cleaning, and can be approached more easily from separate directions. Also, more durable, and the landlord is more easily persuaded to give you the key.
                          Yeah, but sometimes wide-open spaces just don't feel as good as they used to.

Comment

If it's that wide-open, it shows that there have been a lot of prior occupants, and the place is naturally run-down. Or else...[cutesy metaphor for childbirth goes here, maybe there's an apt one but I won't bother stretching my brain for it].
                            1011 1100

Comment

[cutesy metaphor for childbirth goes here, maybe there's an apt one but I won't bother stretching my brain for it].
                              A place that's been ransacked by children

Comment

Ignoring Ben

Asher's metaphor

This thread
                                If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                                ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Working...
                                X