Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Britons sentenced to 1 month in jail for kissing on cheek.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MRT144 View Post
    A bunch of white people saw that negro rape that man's wife. Get the rope!

See what you did now?
    Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
    The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
    The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov View Post
      While this is true, that doesn't mean people living in civilized countries can't raise a stink about it. Do we really want to trod down the path of making this excuse for any atrocity a country might commit within its own borders?
      We don't do that already?
      Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
      The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
      The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
        But "atrocity"?? Please.
        I didn't say *this* was an atrocity.
        Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Originally posted by Lefty Scaevola View Post
          Most Brits I have seen are so ugly that they should get 6 months for any public display of affection.
          +1

Comment

Originally posted by germanos View Post
            Source?
            Humans tend to be racist or xenopobic at least by default unless conditioned otherwise. I don't know how much conditioning goes into being tolerant of infidels. I also don't know how many Black African or White Boshniak muslims they see in that country...

Comment

Humans tend to be rational unless conditioned otherwise. Racism and xenophobia are irrational.

I can't believe you claim that Nazism is the natural state for humans. That's repugnant.
              Last edited by Ecofarm; March 17, 2010, 11:34.
              Everybody knows...Democracy...One of Us Cannot be Wrong...War...Fanatics

Comment

Originally posted by Ecofarm View Post
                Humans tend to be rational unless conditioned otherwise.
                People are not rational unless conditioned otherwise. We use all sorts of jury rigged heursitics and biases in our thinking.

Check out this rationality site to see examples of just how ridiciusly wrong humans get it most of the time. If you are inclined to learn more about this I'd reconmend you check out a few of the top posts on Lesswrong to get a feel.

http://lesswrong.com/

Robin Hanson's Overcoming Bias site is also pretty ok.

http://www.overcomingbias.com/2010/0...eggs-jobs.html

Racism and xenophobia are irrational.
                Hatered and a priori antagonism to others is irrational. Navie trust to those that you do not know is not rational either.

I can't believe you claim that Nazism is the natural state for humans. That's repugnant.
                Lol wut? Please wait before unleasing the Nazi card... such a blatant strawman I have not seen in some time.

Heck Himmler of all people threw up and felt sick after seeing with his own eyes what went on in the camps even though he masterminded the whole thing, it wasn't reason that led his body to react so it was his instincts. Its "unnatural" to treat other humans no better than animals, it takes significant training or strong social rules to do that if one isn't a sociopat (only about 10% of the human population are on that spectrum).

When I said people are naturaly xenophobic I was talking about how numerus studies have confirmed subconcius biases in adults regardless of stated sentiments as well as biases in who babies & children see as more likley to be good. Adult's and children's biases can easily be explained as products of nurture but babies? When did they pick up Whitey is out to get you, black men are rapists and Mexicans are dirty criminals? Its a natural evolutionary response, if someone isn't part of your tribe or dosen't look like mommy or daddy he may be a threar untill shown otherwise. Also almost every traditional society on Earth has been xenophobic to a degree, and killing outsiders was not considered a meaningfull "crime" untill civilized times.

People subconciusly prefer people that look like them and dislike foreigners and need extensive training to offset this if they want to be neutral.

Comment

Humans tend to be rational unless conditioned otherwise.
                  Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                  "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by Heraclitus View Post
                    People subconciusly prefer people that look like them and dislike foreigners and need extensive training to offset this if they want to be neutral.

I reject that. The people in question have been 'conditioned' to fear anything different. Fear based on prejudice is not natural or rational. Basic ecologic, DNA or diversity based survival instinct dictates that compatible foreigners are a treasure. According to your reasoning, inbreeding or a reduction of genetic diversity is a natural status quo. Your logic is in opposition to all known natural science. If people, or the biosphere for that matter, were naturally inclined to monoculture... life itself would not exist.

You are fundamentally wrong; break your chains.
                    Last edited by Ecofarm; March 17, 2010, 15:14.

Comment

I reject that. The people in question have been 'conditioned' to fear anything different. Fear based on prejudice is not natural or rational. Basic ecologic, DNA or diversity based survival instinct dictates that compatible foreigners are a treasure. According to your reasoning, inbreeding or a reduction of genetic diversity is a natural status quo. Your logic is in opposition to all known natural science. If people, or the biosphere for that matter, were naturally inclined to monoculture... life itself would not exist.

You are fundamentally wrong; break your chains.
                      I can provide citations for the baby study. Can you provide any that finds babies don't care what people look like?

Comment

Yeah, Heraclitus is right on this. Human beings instinctually fear "others" not of their particular "clan." This is why ethnic tribalism formed the basis of human society for so long and cultural melting pots are a relatively new phenomenon. The entire history of human civilization is a progression to less and less culturally biased and insular societies.

According to your reasoning, inbreeding or a reduction of genetic diversity is a natural status quo. Your logic is in opposition to all known natural science.
                        Er, no. Virtually all animal species exhibit even more xenophobia, even to members of the same species, than humans do. It has been documented that "clans" of chimps engage in genocidal warfare with each other. Most animals are viciously territorial in the wild.
                        Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

said to have been touching each other and kissing passionately as they dined with friends in a beachfront restaurant
                          Well by God (literally) we cant have that. Next we'll see cats living with dogs, and lions lying with lambs (not biblically). Islam sucks, or is it just Arabic Islam that sucks? **** it, any religion that demands kneeling 5 x a day to Mecca is the epitome of what Jesus condemned wrt prayer. And Jesus knew his ****, damnit!

Comment

To pretend that nature is inclined against diversity is retarded.

1. Don't act like a baby.

You don't need to tell me about kids being surprised and scared of new things. I've had infants and children as old as 3 or 4 react in panic upon seeing me, the first white person they remember seeing. That does not mean that people should act like babies their entire life.

2. Clans condition members against outsiders.

The idea that animals can show us the natural (or more specifically, un-socialized) state of individuals is absurd. Does anyone really think that there is no such thing as social capital and conditioning in animals that live in groups? Really? Social fkn animals are not effected by social conditioning? It's that kind of reasoning, so shallow, that pisses me off.
                            Last edited by Ecofarm; March 18, 2010, 15:11.

Comment

Working...
                            X