Pixar's "Cars" is just like NASCAR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pixar's "Cars" is just like NASCAR

And that is why I turned it off after about 2 minutes.
    "You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."--General Sir Charles James Napier

WHY DID YOU EVEN HAVE IT ON TO BEGIN WITH?
    APOSTOLNIK BEANIE BERET BICORNE BIRETTA BOATER BONNET BOWLER CAP CAPOTAIN CHADOR COIF CORONET CROWN DO-RAG FEDORA FEZ GALERO HAIRNET HAT HEADSCARF HELMET HENNIN HIJAB HOOD KABUTO KERCHIEF KOLPIK KUFI MITRE MORTARBOARD PERUKE PICKELHAUBE SKULLCAP SOMBRERO SHTREIMEL STAHLHELM STETSON TIARA TOQUE TOUPEE TRICORN TRILBY TURBAN VISOR WIG YARMULKE ZUCCHETTO

Comment

Were you somewhat confused by the blatently obvious premise?
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Like Toy Story, I thought it would be a character-based morality tale. Toy Story was good, this featured NASCAResque races and commentary. For the first 2 minutes. After which I switched it off.
        "You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."--General Sir Charles James Napier

Comment

I lasted for 30 mins or so, but I thought it was a bit soulless.

Comment

Originally posted by Zevico View Post
            Like Toy Story, I thought it would be a character-based morality tale. Toy Story was good, this featured NASCAResque races and commentary. For the first 2 minutes. After which I switched it off.
            And about 3 minutes in it turns into a character based morality tale.
            Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
            Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
            We've got both kinds

Comment

K in truth it was 10 minutes, and as it's on my sister's computer I'm checking the next couple minutes.

It's not exactly compelling viewing. There was a full 10 minutes of cars moving around a circuit and car commentators talking about this like it mattered, coupled with bizarre graphics of cars that could only be considered spoofs of NASCAR, which fail to be funny because so they're so akin to nascar. In short, NASCAR NASCAR NASCAR.

Comment

The plot is basically cartoon Days of Thunder.
                Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                We've got both kinds

Comment

It's actually a decent movie.
                  Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                  "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                  2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Ben, what is your avatar a picture of?

Comment

I sort of imagine it's a target around the Canadian flag from Texas. Alternatively, I have no clue. Never seen Days of Thunder so I can't tell.

Comment

It's a mockup up of the Union Jack + Flag of Texas. I tried a bunch of different looks, but I like this the best. This one isn't cut to the proper proportions though. Now this is the right one.
                        Last edited by Ben Kenobi; March 12, 2010, 21:38.
                        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

And here in Australia most of us are trying to get the UJ out of our flag.

Comment

Why, I can't imagine.

For me this is like strawberries, which I like, and Chocolate which I like, so you put the two together.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                              Why, I can't imagine.

Oh you know, that little detail that it's another country.

Comment

Working...
                              X