No announcement yet.

Chile Massive Earthquake and Tsunami

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do I really need to congratulate you? Fine. Good guess. My guess shows how impressed I am with the efforts. There is no logistic nightmare, dirty water, homeless and dead in the streets, cholera, dysentery, etc... amazing.
    Everybody knows...Democracy...One of Us Cannot be Wrong...War...Fanatics

Comment

Your praise is underwhelming.
      You mean the country didn't go post-apocalyptic? Holy crap! You guys are the best!
      If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
      ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Haiti lost 300k to a 7?

I know Chile is not Haiti, but it was almost a 9. It was early morning, but still. Think Japan would only lose 1k to an 8.8? The 9.2 tsunami killed 230k.
        Everybody knows...Democracy...One of Us Cannot be Wrong...War...Fanatics

Comment

Actually most of Chile's death aren't from the quake but from the tsunami. With a few exceptions the buildings resisted the quake, at least to give time for the people to runaway, but the 100km/hour waves did most of the destruction. In some places like Constitución and Talcahuano the sea waves hit the cities 3 times.
          >>> El cine se lee en dvdplay <<<

Comment

May I suggest that you also give drinks to chilenean construction workers ? Could be expensive, but they seem to have done a good job.

Just out of curiosity. The article of that ship shored says 25 mil ton. Is that short for mille ?
            With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Mil is thousand. It says 25 thousand tons ship.
              >>> El cine se lee en dvdplay <<<

Comment

Makes sense - when I saw it first, I read mill as million and that didn't make much sense.
                With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Working...
                X