No announcement yet.

Solution to Rising Crime, Poverty Rates in America

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A unique viewpoint, and worthy of consideration - but obviously incomplete and possibly biased.
    Everybody knows...Democracy...One of Us Cannot be Wrong...War...Fanatics

Comment

Biased...hmm....you mean like our viewpoint? I'm guessing you've smoked pot in the past 5 years, for example.
      Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DaveDaDouche
      Read my seldom updated blog where I talk to myself: http://davedadouche.blogspot.com/

Comment

Fair enough.

Comment

FTW!
          Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DaveDaDouche
          Read my seldom updated blog where I talk to myself: http://davedadouche.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by David Floyd View Post
            There is a very simple solution to both the crime rate and the poverty rate, not to mention a partial solution to the drug problem. It's unfortunate that our politicians don't have the balls to vote this legislation into place, but I can't see how it would unconstitutional, or at least any less Constitutional than most of the laws that get passed these days anyway.

Here's what you do:

If a person is in a position to go on welfare and/or accept food stamps, then that person must also voluntarily accept being sterilized. The idea is, if you want to leech off of society, you don't get to breed.

Note that I would NOT extend this policy to those receiving unemployment benefits, as unemployment benefits have a time limit and requirements, unlike food stamps and welfare. Also, those who are on welfare and food stamps don't contribute much to society anyway, nor are they likely to in their life time. Unless you count crime as a contribution, that is.

Yeah, yeah, I know this would disproportionately affect minorities, but so what? I guarantee you it would also drastically reduce the crime rate, and would directly and indirectly reduce the unemployment and poverty rates by forcing people to get jobs, even low paying, "demeaning" jobs (that, let's face it, are probably commiserate with the average skill set of a welfare recipient anyway).
            I think a sizeable portion of the population on welfare are kids. Are you gonna sterilize the kids too? What about disabled Vets? Workers disabled on the job? How about women fleeing abusive husbands? How about women fleeing husbands who abuse their children? So let's see, you're going to sterilze kids for thir parent's problems, you're going to punish Vets who nearly gave the supreme sacrifice for their country, you're going to punish workers who nearly gave the supreme sacrifice for their bosses, and under your ruiles women who are victims of being beaten and tortured will have to decide whether to end their abuse or give up their gonads. Women whose kids are being a**-raped by Daddy will face the heart-braking decision of just letting it continue or go to the police and watch Mandy or Mark be neutered?

I don't think even al-Qaeda would go this far.
            "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

DF is a social darwinist now too? Oh brother.
              I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
              - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by David Floyd View Post
                You'll note that I didn't advocate sterilizing those on unemployment
                So only women in need, not men then? That's just great.
                I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Economic Darwinist.

Their social standing is rather ignored.

Comment

@DrStrangelove

[BizzaroMarxistDialectic]
                    You are such a sexist mentioning just women who flee abusive husbands and not vice-versa. Don't you see you are just like the people who only talk about the brave women of our armed forces and not women and men?
                    [/BizzaroMarxistDialectic]
                    Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
                    The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
                    The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

If a person is in a position to go on welfare and/or accept food stamps, then that person must also voluntarily accept being sterilized. The idea is, if you want to leech off of society, you don't get to breed.
                      Why not castration?
                      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                        Why not castration?
                        You see that Ben, being a good Catholic, objects to the idea of people having sex without risking pregnancy
                        1011 1100
                        Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
                          You see that Ben, being a good Catholic, objects to the idea of people having sex without risking pregnancy
                          I guess to a Roman Catholic then vasectomy wouldn't be acceptable because it wastes sperm but castration would be OK because there are no sperm to waste?
                          "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Actually, both are equally wrong. Both are mutilation.
                            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

you are wrong in everything, boy.
                              Order of the Fly
                              Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Working...
                              X