Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chinese government wants to compete with Boeing & Airbus.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Patroklos View Post
    I'll worry about Chinese designed and built airliners flooding the market in any meaningful degree a few decades after they get around to designing a car that can hold its own in the European and North American markets.
    Guess that you can start counting now, and don't expect it to last decades.
    With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin View Post
      I guess it was actually spelled Mcdonald Douglas...
      McDonnell Douglas.
      Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Originally posted by ColdWizard View Post
        McDonnell Douglas.
        THANK you!

I too think the Chinese should stick to making dinky irrelevant plastic **** until they've learned to do that without slipping in toxic chemicals by accident. A jumbo jet has something like a million parts, and I don't want to be flying on a plane where a third of them are made of scrap tin or something.
        1011 1100
        Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

I hate chinks in my planes too

Comment

Guess that you can start counting now, and don't expect it to last decades.
            If you bought a Chinese car thinking it was a good idea, I pity you
            "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackCat View Post
              Why is that laughable ?
              Because it's a simple-minded projection of ridiculously high growth rates (circa 11%) for 30 years into the future. There is absolutely no reason to believe that China will manage this well after the point in its development that other countries which have gone before it have. There is an enormous difference between catchup growth and growth at the frontier of development.

12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
              Stadtluft Macht Frei
              Killing it is the new killing it
              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Cars in China...from wiki

Automotive industry
                Main article: Automobile industry in China

By 2006 China had become the world’s third largest automotive vehicle manufacturer (after US and Japan) and the second largest consumer (only after US). Automobile manufacturing has soared during the reform period. In 1975 only 139,800 automobiles were produced annually, but by 1985 production had reached 443,377, then jumped to nearly 1.1 million by 1992 and increased fairly evenly each year up until 2001, when it reached 2.3 million. In 2002 production rose to nearly 3.25 million and then jumped to 4.44 million in 2003, 5.07 million in 2004, 5.71 million in 2005 and 7.28 million in 2006. In 2007, 9 million automobiles are expected to be produced and the country could become the number-one automaker in the world by 2020. Domestic sales have kept pace with production. After respectable annual increases in the mid- and late 1990s, passenger car sales soared in the early 2000s. In 2006, a total of 7.22 million automobiles have been sold, including 5.18 million units of passenger cars and 2.04 million units of commercial vehicles.

So successful has China’s automotive industry been that it began exporting car parts in 1999. China began to plan major moves into the automobile and components export business starting in 2005. A new Honda factory in Guangzhou was built in 2004 solely for the export market and was expected to ship 30,000 passenger vehicles to Europe in 2005. By 2004, 12 major foreign automotive manufacturers had joint-venture plants in China. They produced a wide range of automobiles, minivans, sport utility vehicles, buses, and trucks. In 2003 China exported US$4.7 billion worth of vehicles and components. The vehicle export was 78,000 units in 2004, 173,000 units in 2005, and 340,000 units in 2006. The vehicle and component export is targeted to reach US$70 billion by 2010.

The market for domestically produced cars, under a local name, is likely to continue to grow both inside China and outside. Companies such as Geely and Chery are constantly evaluating new international locations, both in developing and developed countries.[94]
                BTW, I don't see China having 11% growth for the next 30 years.

They are already losing the low end labor market due to their new labor laws and the low-enders are seeking their labor in Thailand, Vietnam or Bangladesh.

Their projected population is supposed to remain stable over the next 30 years, while Indian is projected to be near 2B by that time.

However, they look to be back on fire (growth rate) for 2010 again.
                We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

The problem is China's average car sells for something like $7000 so although the unit numbers look good there is no money in this trade. Certainly nothing like the $20k-$30k western cars sell for.
                  Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

The real question here is, will we be able to open the doors of their planes in mid flight
                    Blah

Comment

Open them? Hell, the doors probably fell off on take off.
                      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Oh, you wanted doors, you never said that.
                        We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

Working...
                        X