Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chinese government wants to compete with Boeing & Airbus.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The basic economic misunderstandings in this thread are hilarious to me
    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
    Stadtluft Macht Frei
    Killing it is the new killing it
    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Screw economics. I prefer my biases.
      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Did someone mention laughable China-related economics?

In 2040, the Chinese economy will reach $123 trillion, or nearly three times the economic output of the entire globe in 2000. China's per capita income will hit $85,000, more than double the forecast for the European Union, and also much higher than that of India and Japan. In other words, the average Chinese megacity dweller will be living twice as well as the average Frenchman when China goes from a poor country in 2000 to a superrich country in 2040. Although it will not have overtaken the United States in per capita wealth, according to my forecasts, China's share of global GDP -- 40 percent -- will dwarf that of the United States (14 percent) and the European Union (5 percent) 30 years from now. This is what economic hegemony will look like.

The fact that this guy is a fake Nobel Prize winner is even more unreal than Obama being a Nobel laureate. He's besmirching the good name of Columbia MAs and Johns Hopkins PhDs.
        Last edited by Drake Tungsten; February 5, 2010, 00:27.
        KH FOR OWNER!
        ASHER FOR CEO!!
        GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi View Post
          The US was created by God.
          Yeah, I know - can you give me a greater reason why they will fail if they follow that trail

Anyway, that's about what I thought given your comments here.
          That is because you can't look outside your little box.
          With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

No, I thought you have no clue what you are talking about.
            “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
            "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Why do you generalize? Just like anywhere else, their quality is all over the board.

They are way behind in most things, but with 4x the amount of people, they are going to catch up real fast.
              We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten View Post
                Did someone mention laughable China-related economics?
                Why is that laughable ?
                With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Actually, I was joking about the Chinese craftsmanship. However, it would be foolish not to be skeptically given the lack of regulation there and their track record.
                  "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi View Post
                    Actually, I was joking about the Chinese craftsmanship.
                    WTF are you talking about ???? They may have had a bad history, but I seriusly doubt that they are worse than say the US today.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post
                      The basic economic misunderstandings in this thread are hilarious to me
                      Since you are just giggliging in your corner, I guess that few people really cares about your opinion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by BlackCat View Post
                        WTF are you talking about ???? They may have had a bad history, but I seriusly doubt that they are worse than say the US today.
                        Still waiting for some facts...
                        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

boeing and Airbus already build a lot in China so this isn't surprising.

Comment

I'll worry about Chinese designed and built airliners flooding the market in any meaningful degree a few decades after they get around to designing a car that can hold its own in the European and North American markets.
                            "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyKP View Post
                              Whoa, Boeing bought MacDonald Douglas?

Damn, that's what I get for playing an Aerobiz game from 1992, I miss out on all these new developments in the airplane business.
                              I guess it was actually spelled Mcdonald Douglas but at the time Boeing bought them there was a lot of talk about lack of competition in the airline industry because the world's three major airliner manufacturers became the "two major". Also here in California there was a lot of worries about job layoffs as MD was the Californian aircraft company and it was thought Boeing would favor Washington where it was from. Amazingly the SoCal airliner business has continued to do well though.
                              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Best thread ever!
                                I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                                - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Working...
                                X