Help Kiddy Choose a Church

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So is Hillary
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Charismatics? Charismatics are awesome. I don't know why Elok doesn't like them very much.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
        Why charismatics? I'm particularly pissed about the prosperity preachers.
        Next time you see a prosperity preacher, ask him to read the Bible. Check out this place.
        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
        I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
        Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
          Charismatics? Charismatics are awesome. I don't know why Elok doesn't like them very much.
          Charismatics can be good. Much of it isn't.
          Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10

Comment

How so?
            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

There are a lot of not so good theology in those churches, like the aforementioned prosperity nonsense. They often have an unhealthy focus on performance, what you can and _must_ do for God to have his grace. Stuff like that.

Comment

Ahh, duly noted. There are many things that have charisms, teaching included. If taught correctly, I think it's really quite cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
                  So is Hillary
                  ARGH!
                  I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                  - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Will anyone follow me into the bathroom?
                    no

And a serious note here - Metropolitan Community Church welcomes anyone who believes in Christ, regardless of sexual orientation. Using the phrase "gay church" can be misleading and create a misperception that only glbt folks are welcomed. In all three MCCs I've belonged to, there were a couple of straight people in the congregation.
                    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Go with either the Catholics or the Orthodox. Preferably the Orthodox.

Comment

Originally posted by aneeshm View Post
                        Go with either the Catholics or the Orthodox. Preferably the Orthodox.
                        The devils are orthodox.
                        -Billy Graham

Comment

The Methodist Church is against prosperity preaching. I'm gonna stick with it for now.

Comment

Just about all mainstream Protestant denominations are against prosperity preaching.
                            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

The devils are orthodox.
                              -Billy Graham
                              He should know about the demonic side of things.
                              I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                              I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

[Q=Kidicious;5746667]The devils are orthodox.
                                -Billy Graham
                                [/Q]
                                Actually James said it first: "You believe in God? The demons believe, and tremble."

If you want to learn Christian philosophy, it doesn't matter much where you go. It doesn't save, heal, or deliver.
                                (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                                (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                                (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Working...
                                X