Why do they let women be cops again?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do they let women be cops again?

God bless sexual equality and everything, but I have NEVER YET seen a female police officer on patrol do anything other than embarrass herself on camera whenever they show them on reality shows (Cops, etc)

This latest one pulls over a pair in a car for suspected DUI. She can't do ANYTHING other than wait for backup and point her gun at the driver, saying "keep your hands where I can see them" in a faltering, uncertain tone, over and over again. If he'd gotten out of the car and tried to hit her, her best chances would have been to either shoot him or hope that the Cops cameraman intervened.

12 other cops show up as backup to nab this pair that hasn't done anything more threatening than use some bad language. All because it's a woman making the stop instead of a man.

There have been a number of studies which show that female police officers are far more likely to have their guns taken from them, be seriously injured in physical altercations, resort to lethal force etc. Anecdotally, from watching these shows, the female officers are more hesitant, refuse to participate in physical takedowns, call for backup much more quickly, etc.

Male cops are generally bigger and stronger than the people they have to arrest. Female cops are basically outclassed by every suspect they come into contact with.

It's ****ing retarded. They don't let women in the US armed forces go into frontline combat (?) so why the **** do they let women go on patrol on city streets, where physical strength is a much larger component of what they do?
    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
    Stadtluft Macht Frei
    Killing it is the new killing it
    Ultima Ratio Regum

Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post
    12 other cops show up as backup to nab this pair that hasn't done anything more threatening than use some bad language. All because it's a woman making the stop instead of a man.

No comment on the rest, but I imagine 12 cops showed up because she had TV cameras with her. Plus, cops are adrenaline junkies, so if some **** is going down, whatever it is, they'll show up to get a piece of the action. It isn't unusual for an absurd number of cops to show up to things on a slow night.
    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

I think the answer is "because few people want to be cops". Especially after they see what it pays. That's why they let the womenfolk out of the kitchens.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyKP View Post
        No comment on the rest, but I imagine 12 cops showed up because she had TV cameras with her.
        From watching this type of show, the scale of the response was MUCH different than equivalent reactions when male cops are involved.

Most of the time, a single additional patrol car would have shown up.

Plus, cops are adrenaline junkies, so if some **** is going down, whatever it is, they'll show up to get a piece of the action. It isn't unusual for an absurd number of cops to show up to things on a slow night

Look, I have no idea if it was a particularly slow night. I do know that 12 additional cops for something which looked like a routine DUI is by far the biggest overreaction I've ever seen.
        Stadtluft Macht Frei
        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
          I think the answer is "because few people want to be cops". Especially after they see what it pays. That's why they let the womenfolk out of the kitchens.
          They often turn away people from the academies, dude. IIRC Oerdin failed a physical fitness test (obstacle course).

Plus, you should know me well enough that I don't want to keep women in the home. But they shouldn't be doing jobs for which they are manifestly unqualified, like patrol officer.
          Stadtluft Macht Frei
          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Either stop them from being cops or give them 'roids starting a year before they hit the streets.

I shouldn't have confidence in my ability to kick a patrol officer's ass. That's asking for trouble.
            Stadtluft Macht Frei
            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Isn't this what tazers are for? Taze everyone! All the time.
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised if tazer use was higher among women officers. Have not yet seen that study, though.
                Stadtluft Macht Frei
                Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Why do they let women be cops again?

For awesome role-play involving the handful of attractive ones.
                  KH FOR OWNER!
                  ASHER FOR CEO!!
                  GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

a) Is reality necessary to make the role-play believable for you?
                    b) I'm not into that scenario, and I don't give a **** about what gets you off.
                    Stadtluft Macht Frei
                    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

so... KH is a prude?
                      I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
                      [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

He'll learn. There's a few hot NYC cops out walking the beat.
                        KH FOR OWNER!
                        ASHER FOR CEO!!
                        GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Originally posted by self biased View Post
                          so... KH is a prude?
                          No, I'm just not into that particular scenario.
                          Stadtluft Macht Frei
                          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Me neither, KH!

Comment

Women police are useful for dealing with women in situations where it might be inappropriate for men to be involved.

On a separate note, there is little point in canvassing Asher's opinion in any scenario involving women other than kitchen-type roles. The results are rather predictable.

Comment

Working...
                              X