Displeasing your wife is a crime [serious]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Displeasing your wife is a crime [serious]

Marriage is slavery for men in the modern era apparently. Why are there no such things as men's rights groups?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worl...marriages.html

Married couples in France could end up with criminal records for insulting each other during arguments.

Under a new law, France is to become the first country in the world to ban ' psychological violence' within marriage.

The law would apply to cohabiting couples and to both men and women.

It would cover men who shout at their wives and women who hurl abuse at their husbands - although it was not clear last night if nagging would be viewed as breaking the law.

The law is expected to cover every kind of insult including repeated rude remarks about a partner's appearance, false allegations of infidelity and threats of physical violence.

Police are being urged to issue a caution in the first instance, but repeat offenders could face a fine, a restraining order or even jail.

Critics said the measure was a gimmick produced in response to lobbying by feminists and would be impossible to implement.

But French premier Francois Fillon, who announced the law, said: 'The creation of this offence will allow us to deal with the most insidious situations - situations that leave no visible scars, but which leave victims torn up inside.'

Many believe the offence will be impossible to prove. Psychologist Anne Giraud said: 'Squabbling couples will allege all kinds of things about each other, but often it will be a case of one person's word against the other.'

Sociologist Pierre Bonnet said: 'The next step will be to make rudeness a criminal offence. The police and courts will be over-stretched trying to deal with numerous cases.'

A spokesman for Mr Fillon said the law was supported by the government, and was likely to be implemented within six months.
    Since the fact that this law's blatant insanity won't pass its passing, I may as well comment...We all know how such laws will be applied, much like the domestic violence laws male "victims" will be less likley to be taken seriusly.

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSN2328855120070226

Mexican men who display extreme jealousy or avoid sex with their wives could be tried in court and punished under a new law, the special prosecutor for crimes against women told a local newspaper on Friday.

I think I can finally understand my crackpot neighbour who converted to Islam citing how "liberating" it was.
    Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
    The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
    The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Verbal abuse is already taken seriously.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

women who hurl abuse at their husbands

Yes, it is just an anti-men law

Though, regardless... it is a moronic idea.
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
        women who hurl abuse at their husbands

Yes, it is just an anti-men law

Though, regardless... it is a moronic idea.
        Seriusly how does one police such things? Also read my comments, a woman is more likley to gain sympathy and have her accusation taken seriusly.
        Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
        The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
        The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Also seriusly didn't any of you two guys notice the Mexican law? This can't be real right?!?! RIGHT?

Comment

It's the ****ing Daily Mail you morons!

It's like believing everything they say on Fox News as if it was the truth...
            Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Well, if they can't police it what's the problem?

Comment

Women who abuse men are more likely to use insults and emotional assault... so if this really was an issue pushed for by women's rights groups the irony is that it would be more likely applied against their "constituents".
                I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Hey Theben, I've got a bridge for sale. It's in Brooklyn!
                  Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                  "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                  2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Don't the rules say that [serious] needs to be at beginning of thread title and not at the end!?!?
                    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                      Hey Theben, I've got a bridge for sale. It's in Brooklyn!
                      Brooklyn is crap.
                      I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                      I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

This will just about always degenerate into a he said, she said thing with no physical evidence. On another note the video they had on the BBC about this had some woman *****ing about her ex because "he said I was fat and it hurt my feelings; he said he was joking but I knew he wasn't!"

What a waste of time.
                        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Working...
                        X