Be Nice to Slowwhand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is surely an incomplete list...

Wars that Obama is escalating: Afghanistan, Pakistan, soon to be Yemen.

Covert/proxy wars that Obama is escalating: Venezuala, Bolivia

Coups carried out under Obama: Honduras

Comment

Coups carried out under Obama: Honduras
      Not a coup. Coups thwarted despite Obama influence: Honduras.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Honduras: The Coup That Never Happened

An event that fit perfectly the definition of a coup is being recast by the Honduran elite, and its foreign allies, as a constitutional transfer of power. Never mind that the democratically elected President was abducted from his home and flown out of the country in his pyjamas on the morning of a non-binding referendum on re-opening the constitution to reform. Never mind that the movement to reform the constitution was driven by a social movement that wanted to re-found the country along more equitable lines, breaking the decades of uncontested dominance by the few over the many. Never mind that President Manuel Zelaya’s only transgression was that he was appealing directly to the people, in defiance of a congress and supreme court that was subservient to the oligarchy and would never consent to reforming a constitution that was written to serve their interests.

These details – say the golpistas – are not important. Instead, they spin a tale in which Zelaya was a minion of Venezuela’s President Hugo Chávez (who according to this discourse is inherently bad) and claim that Zelaya intended to change the constitution to make himself president-for-life. In order to preserve democracy, the story says, the congress and supreme court proceeded with a legal process to remove the elected president and replace him until new elections could be held. This story has been taken up by the international press, despite its being patently untrue, and repeated ad nauseam in the hopes of giving legitimacy to a process that seeks to re-entrench an oligarchy feeling its power threatened for the first time in decades.

Comment

Finally, a site not afraid to speak the truth.

Global Research is a media group of writers, journalists and activists and based in Montreal, Canada, and a registered non profit organization.

Who Would Benefit Politically from a Terrorist Incident on American Soil? The Strange Case of Umar Farouk Abdul Mutallab
          - by Tom Burghardt - 2010-01-04
          Are we to believe that it was yet another "intelligence failure"?

Obama and Afghanistan: America’s Drug-Corrupted War
          - by Prof Peter Dale Scott - 2010-01-01
          The Vietnam War as a Template for Afghanistan

2010: U.S. To Wage War Throughout The World
          - by Rick Rozoff - 2009-12-31
          2010 will usher in ten consecutive years of the United States conducting war in the Greater Middle East.
          “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

What about the war that Obama's planning against the Venusians? You don't believe that the surface of that planet is actually at 400C due to "greenhouse gases", do you? It's simply a cover story!

12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
            Stadtluft Macht Frei
            Killing it is the new killing it
            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

I heard the plan was to invade when our planet got hotter than Venus because of our own global warming - probably midway through Obama's 2nd term...
              Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
                You realize that David Brooks backed McCain and called for a McCain-Liberman ticket in 2006, right?

The Courtship
                The story behind the Obama-Brooks bromance.

“I don’t want to sound like I’m bragging,” Brooks recently told me, “but usually when I talk to senators, while they may know a policy area better than me, they generally don’t know political philosophy better than me. I got the sense he knew both better than me.”

That first encounter is still vivid in Brooks’s mind. “I remember distinctly an image of--we were sitting on his couches, and I was looking at his pant leg and his perfectly creased pant,” Brooks says, “and I’m thinking, a) he’s going to be president and b) he’ll be a very good president.” ...

“I divide people into people who talk like us and who don’t talk like us,” he explains. “Of recent presidents, Clinton could sort of talk like us, but Obama is definitely--you could see him as a New Republic writer. He can do the jurisprudence, he can do the political philosophy, and he can do the politics. I think he’s more talented than anyone in my lifetime. I mean, he is pretty dazzling when he walks into a room." ...

A similar thing happened in early March, when chief of staff Rahm Emanuel called Brooks to complain about that morning’s column criticizing Obama’s spending programs; later in the day, the White House sent over a chart showing that spending was, in fact, holding to historical norms. Brooks told me that Obama had personally signed the chart “Dear Comrade Brooks.” ...

Brooks isn’t blind to the fact that the White House goes out of its way to flatter him. This spring, he told Charlie Rose, “David Axelrod walks into a meeting with me, carrying the Reflections On The Revolution In France by Edmund Burke. They’re not without manipulation.” It’s easy to understand why the administration does this. Brooks’s sympathetic columns help to validate the key myth of this White House: that it is fundamentally post-partisan. Plus, Brooks appeals to a major Obama constituency: the latté-sipping Baby Boomers who were the subject of his 2000 best-seller Bobos in Paradise.

The story behind the Obama-Brooks bromance. In the spring of 2005, New York Times columnist David Brooks arrived at then-Senator Barack Obama’s office for a chat. Brooks, a conservative writer who joined the Times in 2003 from The Weekly Standard, had never met Obama before. But, as they chewed over the finer points of Edmund Burke, it didn’t take long for the two men to click. “I don’t want to so...

Latté-sipping Baby Boomers...
                Last edited by Drake Tungsten; January 5, 2010, 21:56.
                KH FOR OWNER!
                ASHER FOR CEO!!
                GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Baby boomers
                  12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                  Stadtluft Macht Frei
                  Killing it is the new killing it
                  Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Kiss my ass.
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

BTW Drake. I saw your declaration. I could be going to Springfield, Missouri soon.
                      Would you like to follow up on your statement and meet me there? PM me, if so.
                      I want to make sure I see your acceptance.
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

(goes to see how far Springfield, MO is from Springfield, IL)
                        A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

We could go have a drink after I get through with Drake.

Comment

Working...
                          X