It's All Gone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's All Gone

The alcohol that is. Been gone since Sunday.

Not a drop in the house, unless you count the Nyquil and the vanilla extract. I can't remember the last time I went this long with out any.

People would ask me "How much do you drink a night?" Me? "All of it."

I started buying 30 packs thinking they would last me longer. Nope, I just got drunker. Then my tolerance went up. That sucked. I put on like 15 pounds.

I've been distracted all week and besides the unusual bouts of rage and annoyance I would get in the evening was doing alright. I would just read more instead, since I could actually remember what it was I was reading.

Now it's the weekend, and I know all those holiday brews are calling my name. But I think I would like to get my weight and tolerance down. Also, it's probably not normal to want alcohol all the time, so I should kill the addiction. Cigarettes were easy, took me a couple months to not crave them any more. Problem with beer is that I would drink to kill time, now I just get bored.

What should I do oh mighty sages of the interwebs?
    Monkey!!!

start snorting heroin?
    I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
    [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

I like how you think.
      Monkey!!!

Comment

You're a prime candidate for sex addiction.
        I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Also, suicide.
          Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DaveDaDouche
          Read my seldom updated blog where I talk to myself: http://davedadouche.blogspot.com/

Comment

The CAGE questionnaire, the name of which is an acronym of its four questions, is a widely used method of screening for alcoholism.

Two "yes" responses indicate that the respondent should be investigated further. The questionnaire asks the following questions:

1. Have you ever felt you needed to Cut down on your drinking?
            2. Have people Annoyed you by criticizing your drinking?
            3. Have you ever felt Guilty about drinking?
            4. Have you ever felt you needed a drink first thing in the morning (Eye-opener) to steady your nerves or to get rid of a hangover?[1][2]

The CAGE questionnaire, among other methods, has been extensively validated for use in identifying alcoholism.[3] CAGE is considered a validated screening technique, with one study determining that CAGE test scores >=2 had a sensitivity of 93% and a specificity of 76% for the identification of problem drinkers.
            1. Yes.
            2. People are stupid.
            3. Guilt? If no one sees me drinking than it doesn't count!
            4. Hair of the Dog is my favorite! Especially with BeeriOs!

Crap. If I have to give up drinking I guess I should at least make lots of money or something.
            Monkey!!!

Comment

Smoke weed. It's better for you than beer and helps you forget the good times you had with alcohol.
              John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Are beerios actually edible? Can't say that I've ever had the pleasure of trying.
                I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

You could try drinking non-alcoholic beer. Or Budweisers. Same difference.
                  Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                  "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                  2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

good luck

I thought my friend who did 12 beers a night was bad

JM
                    Jon Miller-
                    I AM.CANADIAN
                    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Because of Japher, I say "monkey" a lot to my boys when they are jumping around, all hyper.
                      ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
                      ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

Originally posted by Japher View Post
                        1. Yes.
                        2. People are stupid.
                        3. Guilt? If no one sees me drinking than it doesn't count!
                        4. Hair of the Dog is my favorite! Especially with BeeriOs!

Crap. If I have to give up drinking I guess I should at least make lots of money or something.
                        I think it's time for you to admit that other people are the problem.
                        “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

[action=AAHZ]stretches[/action]

its times like this where i can be glad to mock other peoples addictions that i had the willpower to defeat
                          Order of the Fly
                          Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Originally posted by Japher View Post
                            The alcohol that is. Been gone since Sunday.

Not a drop in the house, unless you count the Nyquil and the vanilla extract. I can't remember the last time I went this long with out any.

People would ask me "How much do you drink a night?" Me? "All of it."

I started buying 30 packs thinking they would last me longer. Nope, I just got drunker. Then my tolerance went up. That sucked. I put on like 15 pounds.

I've been distracted all week and besides the unusual bouts of rage and annoyance I would get in the evening was doing alright. I would just read more instead, since I could actually remember what it was I was reading.

Now it's the weekend, and I know all those holiday brews are calling my name. But I think I would like to get my weight and tolerance down. Also, it's probably not normal to want alcohol all the time, so I should kill the addiction. Cigarettes were easy, took me a couple months to not crave them any more. Problem with beer is that I would drink to kill time, now I just get bored.

What should I do oh mighty sages of the interwebs?
                            Here ya go.
                            A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Sorry the video or page cannot be found. The page may have been removed, had its name changed, or is just temporarily unavailable. Please use search or visit our home page. Thank you.
                              ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
                              ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

Working...
                              X